can anyone reccomend this?

Gallstaff

Established Member
I saw the first two eps and it seems sorta slow but pretty cool. I want to know if anyone can reccomend this and if it's worth the money for it on dvd?

edited for content
smile.gif

i saw it last year. very weird, but quite interesting. the pace picks up a bit, but it isn't an action series, by any means. i personally wouldn't buy it, but i know that my old roommate, who i watched it with, was planning to. i think it depends very much on one's personal taste. you might want to try watching a couple more episodes, or renting it, before making a decision.

I saw all the eps, same thing with Escaflowne. Ive been wanting to watch them both. I saw a few eps of Esca, and it was REALLY cool, but I never have time to watch anything.

edited for content
smile.gif

buy it you cheap bastards

it's probably my favoirte anime series

it's neat, it's interesting, well acted, good music and incredibly well animated for a t.v. series

edited

Wow, I can't believe you can ask that about lain :-/ Lain is the best damn anime out there... If you want to count originality and deep deep storyline... The storyline and thought process will almost hurt your head. Right when you think you have Lain figured out you lose it. If you embark on the journey to watch S.E.L. be prepared for some complex thinking. If you don't like complex thinking or deep thought anime, you will hate this.

that reminds me, that tingly feeling in i get in the back of my head after watching episode 12 kicks ass. nice to see there are still people with some taste out there

People tried to get me to watch that show once. I fell asleep 20 mins into ep 1. Woke up at ep 4. Then fell back asleep at 5 ( think it was 5).

Judge as you will.

Lain is one of the best anime ever!

It's good, but is strange and hard to understand.

Now I will go into the 'Wired' with my 'NAVI'
wink.gif

Most annoying fucked up shit I ever saw. I just couldn't get into it and yes I did watch the whole damn thing. Dunno not really into mind-fuck anime like this. It's for those people who enjoy watching shit that makes no sense has some demented deep moral meaning and thinks it's the next best thing since Bladerunner.

Oh and the buzzing....GOD I HATE THAT FUCKING BUZZING....this was the only show that I ever needed to get Tylenol afterwards from the headache. THAT FUCKING BUZZING!!!!

I hate most anime because most anime is lame. The only people who like them are those messed up

people who have no lives and join Anime clubs to be cool.

The 75th Annual Academmy Awards ain't no Anime Club. Also, stereotyping the ordinary anime viewer is as unfair as calling the whole segaxtreme community composed only of leechers and pirates.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 4, 2003 @ 08:49 PM

I hate most anime because most anime is lame. The only people who like them are those messed up

ohmy.gif
I'm glad I didn't join the anime club back in college.
unsure.gif
I only went to their weekly meetings because they showed anime for free.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
ph34r.gif

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+May 5, 2003 @ 10:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ May 5, 2003 @ 10:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cecilia Chen@May 4, 2003 @ 08:49 PM

ohmy.gif
I'm glad I didn't join the anime club back in college.
unsure.gif
I only went to their weekly meetings because they showed anime for free.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
ph34r.gif
[/b][/quote]

same, and, just buy the hong kong perfect collection of lain from fx, same dvd's, same features, same *, much much cheaper

Originally posted by mal+May 6, 2003 @ 02:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ May 6, 2003 @ 02:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-sizone@Mar 4, 2003 @ 01:02 PM

why the mods allow discusion of divx rips and not d.c. isos is completely beyond me

I don't look here that often so you'll have to ask racketboy to clarify that for you.
wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

oh haha

I must have missed something

I "cleaned up" some of the discussion

try to avoid discussion of divx and such -- just to be nice
smile.gif

I posted a new rule

Back