Can somebody help me to burn saturn cds?

Burning an ISO without the WAV files usually works.

Using other music soundtracks *wavs* with an ISO can be done, but usually the wavs have to be a certain length that is predetermined in the iso.

Burning a ISO a without wav works but it might crash I remember burning cybertbots without any music files it loaded to the character selection screen and crashed after.

Originally posted by projectzerox@Mar 23, 2003 @ 02:18 PM

so.. um.. does this mean burning an ISO without the WAV files works??

Most of the time it does work.

Sometimes a game will crash if it doesn't find any audio tracks.

Occaisionally a game will go a bit weird if it doesn't get tracks of the correct length (usually ones that have synced audio and video).

Unless someone starts a list of which games' audio tracks you can mess with, you'll just have to try it and see. As you will have noticed, Sonic R does work fine without them.

um... here's another question i got... would it be possbile to use other music soundtracks with the ISO file and then burn it??!
huh.gif

Again, you really need to burn a CD yourself to try it.

Most games will work fine, but I've heard that there are a few that don't like being messed with.

Back after a week-long hiatus... at last.

Anyway - I've made the observation that the ISO tracks of some Saturn games - rather, the ISO9660 filesystems contained in them - actually have pseudo-files pointing to logical block numbers outside the ISO track in them. These are the CDDA files (and you often do see them named as either CDDA*.* or DA*.* or something similar), and the game will expect each audio track to start/end exactly where the corresponding file says it does.

On the other hand, there are the games that simply go by track numbers when playing audio - it doesn't matter where audio tracks start/end, i.e. how long they are, just that the right number of tracks is on the CD and that they can be accessed CD-player-like via track numbers. With those kind of games, you won't find any references to CDDA tracks in the ISO.

So, whether or not the ISO contains file pointers to audio tracks seems to be a good indication as to whether the game will play altered/custom audio tracks OK or not.

Back