Cant switch res's

Gallstaff

Established Member
Cant switch res's

For some reason I just wanted to get back to some good old halo when I realized that i'd always been playing the game in 800x600. I go to change the res to 1024 but it wont go. It simple goes to the halo title screen and then the screen kinda blinks, then it goes black and hangs there. I gotta ctrl alt delete out of it.

I went to try battlefield and i cant do it on that either, but the problem is that in bf, the text and icons get garbled and shit fucks up but i can still get in the game.

This is weird cause in gta3, max payne 2, cs and doom 2 (modified to run 3d) I can do it fine.

What gives?

Cant switch res's

Not sure, but you might want to make sure that refresh rate override is disabled- could be that you have it enabled for 1024 and the game wants to set its own refresh rate. That's probably not it, but it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Cant switch res's

halo pc sucks hard so its not worth trying, weird that it worked inother games tho

Cant switch res's

could someone help out with this? I'm having problems having my resolution stay at 1024x768 when I start up Battlefield as well :(

Cant switch res's

Well, my text doesn't get all messed up as you say... but the horizontal resolution is way stretched... it tries to go 800x600.. but it's not showing the true resolution..

And I even had my monitor's horizontal size lowererd to Zero to fix it the best i could :(

Cant switch res's

Ahaha well i fixed my problem

I downloaded a hotfix from ati which fixed problems in halo and it also seemed to fix the problem i was having in BF

Cant switch res's

aww crap.. hmm.. maybe it'll fix my prob too?

What fix did you get Galstaff?

I have an ATI card as well..

ATI Radeon 7200 (sucky, i know.)

Cant switch res's

Uh I just looked around on ati's site to fix a problem i was having with the halo sniper rifle and that fixed my problem for my res thing too.

I dont think it'll even work on a 7200 but just search their site.

Cant switch res's

Thanks Galstaff...

=) Got my problem fixed =) woohoo

All i had to do was change my "Refresh Rate Override" to "Same as desktop"...

and Voila! :D no more resolution problems hehe

=) :rtfm huh.. lol

Back