Casshern

it290

Established Member
Finally saw this movie last night, I'd been anticipating it forever. Beautiful movie, it has some of the coolest actions scenes and best backdrop work I've seen. The digital manipulation can get to be a little too much at times, but it's worth it considering the aesthetic excellence of the film. The plot is pretty good too (especially as far as the sci-fi setting is concerned), although it falls into cliche about 1/3 of the way through and doesn't really recover... it's still interesting enough to keep you involved, though. Anyone else checked it out yet?

imdb

Sweet, glad I checked that page - I had no idea there was a Sin City movie in the works. That should be awesome.

I loved this movie by just watching the trailer. Watching the whole movie was a memorable experience.

Aesthetically amazing, with very good music, incredible action scenes, great characters and the colors in this movie are incredible. This movie is extremely good, in almost every aspect.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Mon, 2004-11-15 @ 03:27 AM

where'd you get it from? it sounds cool

If you are interested in watching it, you can always buy the DVD release, it is already available.

And yes, it does have English subtitles.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 02:20 PM

If you are interested in watching it, you can always buy the DVD release, it is already available.

And yes, it does have English subtitles.

[post=123717]Quoted post[/post]​

Where from? My only source of Japanese DVD's are exchange students mothers.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 01:30 PM

Where from? My only source of Japanese DVD's are exchange students mothers.

[post=123718]Quoted post[/post]​

Hm..

Perhaps ordering online? 🙄

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 02:40 PM

Hm..

Perhaps ordering online? 🙄

[post=123719]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi, I said where, not how. Don't make me flame you for being a dumbass. :flamethrower:

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 01:46 PM

Hi, I said where, not how. Don't make me flame you for being a dumbass. :flamethrower:

[post=123720]Quoted post[/post]​

The web is your friend is this situation.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 02:55 PM

The web is your friend is this situation.

[post=123721]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, it could be, but I have no desire to search Japanese websites with a kanji dictionary, nor do I want to deal with shady californian import stores.

Well, personally, I <cough cough> didn't buy the movie. Hopefully this will get a stateside release.

Originally posted by it290@Sun, 2004-11-14 @ 04:37 PM

Well, personally, I <cough cough> didn't buy the movie. Hopefully this will get a stateside release.

[post=123728]Quoted post[/post]​

I just found a cheap dvd copy on a website and am buying it.

Back