CDI to ISO

it290

Established Member
I recently got ahold of a Mega CD cdi (DiscJuggler) image of Final Fight - does anyone know if there's some software out there that will allow me to convert this to an ISO so that I can attempt to convert it for play on my US Sega CD (not sure if this is possible)? Or do I have to burn it to disc and then re-rip it in order to do this?

Depending on the version of DiscJuggler that was used to make the cdi image, CDMage should be able to do what you're after.

The reason I say should is because CDMage hasn't been updated since 2001. 🙁

Thanks guys, I'll give those things a shot. I know about cdi2nero, but that doesn't help me much unless nero can save the image as an iso+wav instead of a .nrg image.. although if it can do that then I already have everything I need (I think I might have daemon tools installed already, can't remember.. actually, can Alcohol 120% mount cdi images? I'll test it when I get a chance).

Daemon Tools would be my recommended method, but if you can't do that for some reason, go with cdirip (incidentally this is also the site for cdi2nero).

edit: I'm quite sure I wasn't drunk or anything, but that was a lot of typos. What the hell?

Originally posted by it290@Nov 22, 2003 @ 10:37 PM

Thanks guys, I'll give those things a shot. I know about cdi2nero, but that doesn't help me much unless nero can save the image as an iso+wav instead of a .nrg image.. although if it can do that then I already have everything I need (I think I might have daemon tools installed already, can't remember.. actually, can Alcohol 120% mount cdi images? I'll test it when I get a chance).

Wait. Are you trying to run it in an emulator or an actual SegaCD? You said in your first post that you wanted to run it in a real system.... in which case why do you need a specific image format? Once it's unpacked onto a CD by a given piece of software, it's not like the original hardware will give a damn what the image format was.

In fact, you're better off leaving it as a structured format like CDI or NRG, since you're pretty much guaranteed everything (read: audio tracks start/end times) will be in exactly the right place, unlike with iso/mp3 and sometimes even bin/cue (only counts minutes and seconds, frames can be off).

You said in your first post that you wanted to run it in a real system.... in which case why do you need a specific image format?

To use one of the territory patchers, whose authors rightly don't bother with supporting BS proprietary formats that change every 6 months:

convert this to an ISO so that I can attempt to convert it for play on my US Sega CD

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Dec 2, 2003 @ 01:22 PM

*cough*troll*cough**cough*

the best way to convert it would be to just mount the cdi file with daemon then rip to iso from the virtual drive with another prog

Back