CDRWIN Problems

Jaded God

Established Member
Ok, I used to use CDRWIN all the time with my old computer using Windows 98, My nice new computer uses XP and works with all burning programs... except CDRWIN... I get this error everytime I try clicking a button to do anything in the program..

Here is the pictures of the error..

http://tot.e-zelda.com/error.JPG

I have updated my ASPI drivers with ForceASPI and they are correct I checked it with the checker but it still gives me this error... I have also tried different version of CDRWIN still the same error so it isnt the version... Can anyone help? Because CDRWIN is the best program to burn bin and cue files.

Huh -- that's really weird.

I used ForceASPI with XP and it worked fine.

Although.... are you using an external burner?

On my laptop I have a USB burner and it runs Win2K.

Even with ForceASPI, CDRWIN won't recognize the drive

mine did that this is what i did: just swap the cd and cd/rw drives. I'm guessing your cd drive is on the top so just switch them. That solved my problem my pretty well.

I dont want to tinker with them like that though... I need someone who can tell me what to do without having to swap the drives... They are perfectly fine they burn and read just fine with other programs... and im using internal drives not external by the way...

You big baby
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov. 07 2002, 9:16 pm

You big baby
tongue.gif

I don't blame him.

Just to let you know -- my burner is on the bottom (DVD on top) and mine works fine with XP.

Don't know what else to tell you

best of luck

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov. 07 2002, 5:14 pm

Ok, I used to use CDRWIN all the time with my old computer using Windows 98, My nice new computer uses XP and works with all burning programs... except CDRWIN... I get this error everytime I try clicking a button to do anything in the program..

Here is the pictures of the error..

http://tot.e-zelda.com/error.JPG

I have updated my ASPI drivers with ForceASPI and they are correct I checked it with the checker but it still gives me this error... I have also tried different version of CDRWIN still the same error so it isnt the version... Can anyone help? Because CDRWIN is the best program to burn bin and cue files.

Are you using the same burner from your old computer on your new computer that uses XP, or did your new computer come with a new burner? Also, which version of CDRWin are you using? Do you see your burner listed as supported by version 3.9B on GoldenHawk's web site? If CDRWin doesn't work, you may substitute with BlindWrite or FireBurner as both accept cue sheets and should work under XP. If all else fails, go back to your old computer with Windows 98 just for burning.
tongue.gif

Hey guys here is why I cant use fireburner either... I have a full registered version of Fireburner 2.1.1 and it was burning stuff just fine via cue sheets... Now it gets all the way done with the 2 bars all the way blocked in and just pauses there and my CD-RW drive light shuts off like its done but it doesnt eject the cd or say its finished and the program doesnt close until I hit "X" a million times and I have to restart to open my cd-rw drive again... I uninstalled the program and installed Fireburner 2.7 the newest version and still the same thing happens... Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

and no It is a new burner with the computer and it works great with all the other programs... And is supported in clonecd and can write raw data and everything

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Nov. 08 2002, 1:46 am

If all else fails, go back to your old computer with Windows 98 just for burning.
tongue.gif

Or if hard drive space permits, dual boot into Win98

Nero is great for cuesheets that are based on an ISO and wav/mp3 files. It still mucks up BIN/cue images, though. The 4GB image size bug seems to be a thing of the past, but the last time I burned a bin/cue with Nero, the resulting disc had illegal track modes and I could not re-rip the data tracks, only audio.

As for CDRWin, check your settings...There is an option to either use the ASPI driver installed with CDRWin or the one that's the system default. You want to pick the latter....and if you installed CDRWin AFTER installing ASPI or ForceASPI, you might wanna do that again as well, just in case.

I, for one, found that CDRWin does not need installed *at all*. I unpacked the setup file from goldenhawk.com and just ran CDRWin "out of the box". Gave me no problems at all.

I dont want to use nero for bin and cue though I heard it gives problems and I have tried doing all that stuff to make CDRWIN work it doesnt work so what is the problem.. I knew no one would be able to help me.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov. 08 2002, 12:27 pm

I dont want to use nero for bin and cue though I heard it gives problems and I have tried doing all that stuff to make CDRWIN work it doesnt work so what is the problem.. I knew no one would be able to help me.

not all software is perfect

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov. 08 2002, 8:27 pm

I dont want to use nero for bin and cue though I heard it gives problems(...)

Nero will work just fine for over 90% of everything you want to burn. You'll get problems if you want to burn several data tracks with different formats, but you don't have to deal with that very often.

00:00 HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B B104

Thats what it says in Fireburner what brand is that??? I dont understand why its called "HL-DT-ST CD-RW" does anyone know? And on to helping me getting CDRWIN to work?

Back