CDX question

This weekend I was lucky enough to find a SEGA CDX at a resale shop for an excellent price. The only thing was it did not have any cords or controllers. I didn't worry about this at the time because I already have a SEGA Genesis 2 and remembered the cords were compatible with each other. Or are they?

Today I was looking up FAQS about hooking up the 32x to the SEGA CDX when I noticed in one guide a person warning not to use any other AC adapter than the official SEGA CDX one. I quickly ran to my room and noticed that the power cord I had been using (the Genesis 2/32x/GameGear AC adapter) were not of the same model number as the SEGA CDX one in the picture. I'm now a little too hesitant to reuse my SEGA CDX until I have confirmation that there is nothing wrong with what I am doing. I know where to get another adapter if I should stop, but I'd rather not waste the money.

Short version for those scared of a few paragraphs: Can I use the Genesis 2/32x/GameGear AC Adapter with the SEGA CDX without risking more personal injury or console injury than normal?

You just need to check the voltage and amperage on the power adapter and the console itself to make sure it'll be safe.

Back