Chakan

lordofduct

Established Member
I was just at SEGA-16 and read about Chakan on the DC... WHERE THE HELL WAS I, I wish i knew about this back in 2000... damn it.

So, this game was NEVER released, and nothing about where it went too... are they still working on it, can we hope and PRAY we may see it some day. Oh my GOD does this game look like it would of been awesome. This looks like a gaming experience to die for, or LIVE IMMORTALLY for.

The first game on genny (and we NEVER speak of the gg version) was THE greatest hack and slash I played as a kid, this game and this game alone stole my life away. Only a small handful of games could do this to me. Chakan, Sub-terrania, and Kid Chameleon had the difficulty and length jacked up SO high but still made it SO fun to tromp on through the game. They were the most fulfilling to beat (although the ending sequence of KC was upsetting, I was still happy when I finally beat it... NO CHEATS) On to Chakan again(this is our subject). Who else here has memories of the games and is as let down as me to here this news? Even though i heard it WHAT 4 years late! :blink: :damn:

There were vague rumors of it being moved to the PS2, but nothing ever came of them, chances are you will never see this game come out. Ever.

Yeah, the game did look cool, but I was a bit sceptical... the dev team was mostly comprised of artists at that point, IIRC (Chakan himself was created by a comic book artist). I'm somewhat doubtful that they could have actually pulled off some of the things they were promising (remember the original Chakan wasn't that great). Still, I was looking forward to it. One of the biggest letdowns I had as far as unreleased games - the other one I was really looking forward to was Castlevania:Resurrection.

edit - heh, didn't see your bit about loving the original game.... sorry. It was okay, but X-men was better. ;)

hey, everyone has different tastes in vid games. Personally i liked platformers that would test your patience... like chakan or kid chameleon. You have to admit, you need a lot of patience and skill to beat the game.

Kid Chamelon is easily one of the Top Five MD/Genny games EVER!

I still have never beaten it to this day...

A bit of trivia: The creator of Kid Chameleon blatantly put no Password or Save feature in the game, to test players endurance and everything.

Kid Chameleon was pretty good. Chakan... well, good concept, but the level design wasn't up to scratch, IMHO.

I finally beat Kid Chameleon with no cheats the first time back in like May. I was VERY disapointed by the ending.

Back