cheap dvd -r blanks

has ne1 used optodisk? whats your opinion of them

beter yet has ne1 compared optodisk with princo

princo being a good base to compare to since they are the worst brand

I would just get some Verbs so you can't go wrong google
wink.gif

i use TDKs (i think i will be switching to samsung) for stuff i want to keep safe for a while

im looking to use cheapo disks for everyday use (throw away disks)

im not happy with princos -- to many bad disks out of box

Originally posted by googlefest1@Jun 25, 2003 @ 08:41 PM

i use TDKs (i think i will be switching to samsung) for stuff i want to keep safe for a while

im looking to use cheapo disks for everyday use (throw away disks)

im not happy with princos -- to many bad disks out of box

you use DVD-Rs for throwaways?

what do you use them for?

once I get my DVD burner I'm gonna be looking into the "armored" TDKs that can withstand heavy scratching. No way I want to loose a few GBs of data

Originally posted by mal@Jun 25, 2003 @ 11:06 PM

That assumes it's data back-ups that he's burning...

rather than 'back-ups'.
sarcasm.gif

but still, when do you throw away backups on a regular basis

I have one optidisc that came with my pioneer A104, it is a DVD-RW though, only used it twice but works fine in my comptuer, and Apex DVD player....doesn't work in PS2.

now Princo's have all worked for me, why people don't like them i don't know, got them from allmediaoutlet.com and every one has worked fine (well aside for the ones that I screwed up). $1 each and they play on my PC, DVD player, PS2, and Xbox.

Memorex discs work well too, but are more expensive.
biggrin.gif

can't wait till DVDr prices come down

anyone remember paying over $1 a disk (in a small spindle) for CDRs?

those were the days...

throw away disks

i dont mean ill burn a disk and then put it in the trash bin

i mean once i make a back up of something then i will make another back up on which im not affraid of it getting damaged ( the disk i will use over and over - not worrying about sunlight or anything else)- why because i have another back up to make a back up of plus the original in a box in a nice and safe place

just felt like bumping this thread

Riteks are good discs and Newegg and a couple other places are selling them for less than a $1 a disc when buying a 50 pack

rima.com is another good place to get discs. ive been using the ritek 4x printable surface discs. purple bottomed perfection. i used to use princos but a buddy of mine had hundreds of "master" discs on princo that suddenly stopped being read by anything, so he rushed to get as many as he could transferred over to riteks.

Back