Christmas NiGHTS: into Dreams

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Originally posted by back cover

This game is essentially a demo that was given away through various promotions and magazines. However, this was no ordinary demo. Whilst it may have 'only' appeared to be a one-level demo of "NiGHTS into dreams..." (Spring Valley), it was really so much more.

Christmas NiGHTS' title screen, level backgrounds and even character models change according to the season that you are in. Play it throughout an entire year and you will experience not only Christmas NiGHTS, but also Winter NiGHTS, New Year NiGHTS and NiGHTS: Limited Edition. You'll see Santa on his sleigh on Christmas Day, and Reala will make a guest appearance on April Fool's Day, to mention only a few of its little cameos.

The gameplay is identical to that of "NiGHTS into dreams...", as you'd expect, but it arguably has more longevity in it due to the Presents Box, which contains unlockable artwork, promotional movies, Time Attack and Link Attack modes, Sonic as a playable character in the game and more!

How many of you own this not-so-ordinary demo? :p

Attachments

• Christmas_NiGHTS_front.JPG
    Christmas_NiGHTS_front.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Christmas_NiGHTS_back.JPG
    Christmas_NiGHTS_back.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 211
    111.7 KB · Views: 199
    109.4 KB · Views: 209
    111.7 KB · Views: 201
    109.4 KB · Views: 211
I bought this from my friend for $2.

My first taste of NiGHTS, and I loved every second of it. I still do!

I just need to get a 3D Controller, so I can play it the way it was meant to be played. :D

This is a great game. Got this for free at the swapmeet since the seller had no idea what it was for. I didn't know it had so many things like New Years though. For some reason the 3D Control didn't change it for me. I thought it was harder with it. :blink:

wow, i have this, but never played it. had NIGHTS: into Dreams and got Christmas NIGHTS just to collect it (plus it was cheap). Now if I only had a working saturn.

Got it off Sega Saturn Magazine as a cover disc. I've played though it getting all the Christmas presents a few times. And I like to play it a least once at this time of the year.

I got a copy from Ultra Game Players magazine way back in the day.. I had this game for a long long time before I ever bought Nights, even though I loved it and played it constantly.

I don't know where I got this, I dont know how it ever found its way into my collection, I know I didn't invest any money into it because I would remember doing that! I like the game and its really fun, its NIGHTS come on'! Never tried to find any of the secrets though, maybe ill do that this week.

Yeah, I feel like a real slime. I still love the concept and the mood it puts forth though. I sure wouldn't mind a follow up, Naka.

Give Phantasy Star back to Kodama and pick up your NiGHTS project, please

Back