collecting md / gen games

Originally posted by Chris@Jul 3, 2004 @ 10:02 PM

Alien soldier is pretty rare, especialy the japanese version.As for gunstar it's the japanese version thats very rare. Most games that came out in the U.S. are most likely worth more if there the japanese version (as the system didn't do well over there).

Agreed. My forte isin collecting MD and MCD games from Japan, and I find that theory to be more fact than anything. It's not a cheap hobby if you go for the Japanese versions like I do. :)

I see Gunstar for $70USD often.

The rarest games for the megadrive are the japanese version of the late akklaim games:

true lies, virtual bart, maximum carnage (the rarest), george foreman, and judge dread.

I've posted some pictures on this page: http://www.objectif-sega.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433

On the 32X (japan version of course): NBA jam tournament edition, NFL Quarterback Club 95, WWF raw and stellar assault are VERY hard to find.

Maximum Carnage was rare? I use to see that all the time.

Judge Dredd too -- but nobody wanted that one :)

Originally posted by it290@Jun 12, 2004 @ 05:14 AM

PSIV with cardboard box is a bit hard to find as well.

I own it :cool: I bought the Genesis version when it was released, my parents paid it above 650FF (above 100Euros) In fact I played it only to finish it and never touch the game after:)

About point 2, I saw that the two Splatterhouse are sold with a high price there.

For the game I'm proud to own, I'd say Shadowrun (US) because I spent some time to get it and in fact, I found it as a secondhand. Also, I still like this game for its style and athmosphere.On a second hand I could add also Shining Force 1 (US) with a game adaptator and Splatter House 3.

I still can't believe I own Alien Soldier. I got it off eBay for $28, which is an absolute miracle, even considering it's the PAL version.

Hi everyone, I am new here. :p

Do you know if people have interest in Genesis games from Brazil (TecToy, which represented Sega here) ?

I know that there are games exclusive from Brazil, but what about the common ones? I found here in my house John Madden Football, Sonic 2 and Art Alive and I am trying to know how much they value. :)

Originally posted by WiseMan@Sat, 2004-06-12 @ 12:36 AM

above all, the NUMBER 1 MD/Gen game i want is an original cardboard packaged copy of Sonic & Knuckles. I'm not sure how rare this is, i just think people dont want to part with thiers. I've only ever seen it once on ebay and it went for a high price. i'd pay up to AU $100 for that.

[post=107070]Quoted post[/post]​

I can get that for 8 pounds on ebay with original box =D

Back