comic books trading

Music has mp3s and games have roms but what about comic books? Why don't us computer users scan the comics we oown and trade them like roms and mp3s? ThaT would be cool since lots of old comics get ruined or are too expensive.

Lol! You say that now... if only...

I sold most of mine to go towards some new hardware. Selling my X-Men #3 alone bought me a brand new firewire drive and paid some bills. ^_^

The appreciation wasn't too bad, considering I originally gave $18 US for it ;)

Are comics getting to be that valuable? I used to collct comics, I think I have like 5000 or so of them. I still collect the spawn series (have a complete collection of that, plus 5 copies of the first issue), but I thought comics were becoming less valuable these days. Hmmm...maybe I should try and sell some of my collection...

(Edited by Fabrizo at 3:35 am on April 5, 2002)

It's really a matter of finding someone that wants it bad enough...but I would agree, comics in general haven't seemed as popular, since, well.... the internet came to the masses.

I bought Spawn #1, I've held onto it, but I've heard there were so many first copies printed it might be awhile before it starts to become worth anything.

Although, this was a few years ago ;) And I haven't checked the Overstreet price guides for years.

The last couple years, I haven't bought many comics, or followed them anywhere like I used to. I liked Gen 13 - they reminded me of the X-Men's heyday - but the stories never came anywhere close to the quality of Chris Claremont's. Loved the art & characters though :)

Quote: from jim993 on 11:14 am on April 5, 2002

i think i have a spawn #1 signed
You signed your own comic book?
lol.gif
J/K

Blegh, Spawn... Check out Faust instead.

Besides, I've been very anti-McFarlane ever since he fired Brian Bendis from Sam & Twitch.

Back