[Complete] Forum upgrades incoming

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Sometime in the next few days I'll hopefully get some time to perform some much needed maintenance on the forums. Part of this will contain a much needed forum upgrade from Xenforo 1.5 to 2.1, because of the major version change some of the current add-ons will be getting disabled and removed. In some cases I may update the addons, but in others I currently don't intend to. The most noticeable removals are:
  • The landing portal / home page, it'll just go directly to the forum index instead for now. This is a paid addon that we don't get much use out of.
  • XenGallery (The "Gallery" link) -- this might be replaced in the future. This is also paid, and also not updated for the new forum version. We never really liked how this one worked either.
  • Steam login integration -- if there is enough interest I don't mind paying to re-up this, speak up if you want it!
  • The theme will probably change. Since upgrading this also costs money, and the upgrade price is somewhat unreasonable in my opinion, it feels like it's time for a change.
My schedule is pretty hectic most days, so I don't have an actual maintenance window planned for this. Could be today, could be any time in the next week, etc.

great news for the update, it's just a bit sad to lose some features. any free replacements add-on available ? at least for the gallery. and you do always great job with the forum @dibz thanks again !

Good luck for the update, @dibz !

great news for the update, it's just a bit sad to lose some features. any free replacements add-on available ? at least for the gallery. and you do always great job with the forum @dibz thanks again !

Personally, I didn't noticed this gallery section until today so I won't be affected a lot by its change or removal. But the 32X and Saturn ads there are cool however.

no issue ! user and password fields didn't change so chrome restored values for login, great job again @dibz

I got a request for Steam integration/logins, so I went ahead and purchased/reinstalled that integration. Old steam logins should hopefully work!

Reactions: vbt
I'm amazed this place is both still going and still being updated. I just had a retro trip looking at my old postings. Thanks for keeping a memory alive :)

Back