Component Mod for Saturn

I am curious if anyone has any information on how to mod an rgb cable to connect to an hdtv. also if anyone has done this successfully. I'm also interested in a mod for the dreamcast too, maybe someone knows something about that too. thanks in advance.

you cannot mod RGB cable to YUV but what you can do is getting transcoder that does RGB->YUV. The problem is the thing will be more expensive than your Saturn as the chepeast one I saw cost close to $100

cheers

not really mate

RGB->YUV is just transcode the signal in different format so Component device can understand it... there should be no difference in PQ wise...

well can't tell from my setup anyway...

'coz YMMV

cheers

yep S-video would be the best option unlike you have a setup like me...

although RGB scart would be better if your TV supports...

cheers

And honestly with the saturn running at only 320x240 resolution better quality would really make the jaggies stand out. It's actually better with lower quality because it blurs out the harsh lines a bit and makes the images look smoother.

It's actually better with lower quality because it blurs out the harsh lines a bit and makes the images look smoother.

That's a matter of opinion. I'd rather see the pixel edges a bit more than have a "smoother" image with dot crawl and crappy color...

I am like excyber....it's like playin OOT on N64 vs on GCN (zelda collector's disc). On 64, it looks a lot smoother and his nose and such doesn't look as funny. But on the GCN version it's a lot cleaner and sharper and I liek that.

I know it's not an exact comparison, but it's as close as I could think off of the top of my head, lol.

Back