Component Video Cables

Does anyone know if there is a component video cable for the Dreamcast? I know there's an S-Video cable and a VGA adapter (tha latter of the two I don't have) but what about component cables? I really want those component cables for my big screen TV.

I did some more searching and it seems the Dreamcast has no component cables.

I would love to try a VGA to Component converter for the DC like you suggested, but where can I get such a thing?

it wouldn't be a DC specific thing.

But I imagine some home theatre/consumer electronics place would sell a thing that could hook up to the DC VGA box and convert it to component

I would think....not sure the connection commin off of the DC. As for playin on a monitor, can I just get some cheap cable for the DC?

That is a transcoder, but no input specs are given so it's not clear whether it would work with sub-VGA sync rates (i.e. "regular" RGB). If it doesn't require special drivers or unusual settings on a PC, it would most likely work with VGA-enabled Dreamcast games. If it does indeed work with both, it's a fairly simple hack to add a VGA/RGB switch to a VGA box or cable...

Supposed this transcoder does that, would I be able to connect the Dremcast VGA box/cable to that transcoder?

Also, are there any Dremacast VGA boxes that have RCA audio output jacks?

The Naki box has both RCA and headphone out for the audio. I'm sure there are others, too.

I'd assume plugging the vga box into that transcoder will work, but presumably you must have a progressive scan TV.

Why would I need a progressive scan TV? I have a TV that has component inputs and does not have progressive scanning. SO you are telling me that it would not work with this TV?

Back