Cool gameroom

That collection is insane... I'd love to have something like that.

To bad though, my lifestyle no longer can handle a game collection. I must get rid of what I already amassed.

Heh yeah, my collection is nowhere near that size, and I find myself just staring at for good lengths of time (trying to figure out what game to play). I do need to get more shelf space though, as I'm totally out.

Damn, I would love that setup. When I get a house, I've decided one room is gonna be my game room. All my videogame stuff as well as my gaming PC.

That is impressive, but in my opinion, collecting/hoarding is a negative behavior. It leads to obsession and financial problems--I know from experience.

I'm happy with my collection of 1999-present era stuff (125+ games). I sold all my old stuff because it had been played to death, and I just didn't need it anymore. Plus all the best retro games are coming out in compilations. Ex: Ninja Gaiden had the original arcade trilogy on it, Mega Man Collection, Sonic Mega Collections, Phantasy Star Trilogy is coming eventually etc

What would be the point of an HDTV? None of those systems are HD. A bigger TV would be nice. What he really needs, is a good sound system. I hook up my SNES every once in a while, the audio on some games is great.

The pics with the games stacked up on a wall looks more like a game store than a game room to me. Also, I think someone has already posted a link to this site before. If not here, then probably on IRC because I've seen it before. :p

I think racketboy has a link to this on his retrogaming blog. But yeah, this guy has a pretty large collection. He seems pretty defensive about it though, debunking emails and stuff. I think this guy takes his "collector" status a bit too seriously.

I tell you one thing though, the Metroid calendar is pretty damn neat!

As for my stuff, I've acquired a decent stack of games throughout the years, but I doubt It'll even get significantly larger than it is now. The main reasons why I buy older games is because I either missed out on them as a kid, or for the nostalgia. So as it stands, I pretty much have the urge to play almost every game I have from time to time.

I think there are alot of people out there who would hate me If I never played Panzer Dragoon Saga, and it's just sitting in a display case.

I think I'll start collecting a few arcade machines, somewhere down the line.

Originally posted by Nadius@Sat, 2005-07-02 @ 03:49 PM

I think this guy takes his "collector" status a bit too seriously.

[post=136170]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, I think he's *not* taking it too seriously, and that's what he's trying to explain in the FAQ. If he was taking it too seriously, he would have 900 sealed copies of Terranigma, sealed copies of Chrono Trigger, etc. He points out that he just buys games to play them, and they end up in his collection.

To me he's a more gamer than collector. He doesn't care that everything isn't mint, or has it's manuals with original packaging etc. He's just interested in the game itself. I admire that kind of collection. I know some people that are condescending to people that don't have a sealed copy of every NeoGeo game made, AND an open copy for playing. Those guys are jerks.

edit: typos

I didn't get the feeling of him being a collector either. He mentioned how some of his games have torn labels. If I personally handled sold games along the way, I would have a much larger collection. About 6 years ago I had an awesome collection. Every game and system I owned was complete. SMS all the way up to Saturn and PSX. In addition to systems and games, I had strategy guides for many older games. I sold everything but the PSX and a couple of games. I sold things like Chrono Trigger, US FF 1-3, PS 1-4, ALL Workinind Design Games plus much more. Only recently have I begun to rebuild my collection.

The fact that he tries to disspell stuff that he reads about himself on messageboards just tells me that this guy cares too much about what people say about him, and that's why I feel he's taking his "'collector' status" a bit too seriously. Sealed copies is very serious!! (with two exclamation points) Trying to defend yourself from anonymous folks on the web about what you actually do is a bit too serious.

the funny thing is that in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, they put that guy on their "list of collectors", they gave him a paragraph or two... so the guy is gaining in popularity..lol

Back