copied game saves

my friend burned me a copy of panzer dragoon saga along with some other games. of all the copied games PDS is the only one that does not firectly svae to my "performance memory card plus." i have to saved to the system battery then transfer it in the system menu. is it something that would probably still be a probablem even if i re-copied the game from him? also another game i got was gaurdian heroes which happens to have pretty bad slow down (specifically on multiplayer); is it just my copy is that just the way the game is? is thats omething the ram cart would fix?

The RAM cart will not speedup games that don't directly support it. Guardian Heroes doesn't support any RAM cart.

Originally posted by chocodog@Fri, 2005-05-06 @ 11:24 PM

my friend burned me a copy of panzer dragoon saga along with some other games. of all the copied games PDS is the only one that does not firectly svae to my "performance memory card plus." i have to saved to the system battery then transfer it in the system menu. is it something that would probably still be a probablem even if i re-copied the game from him? also another game i got was gaurdian heroes which happens to have pretty bad slow down (specifically on multiplayer); is it just my copy is that just the way the game is? is thats omething the ram cart would fix?

[post=133705]Quoted post[/post]​

of all the copied games PDS is the only one that does not firectly svae to my "performance memory card plus." i have to saved to the system battery then transfer it in the system menu. is it something that would probably still be a probablem even if i re-copied the game from him?
Yes. This is not a result I would expect from a bad copy. PDS is known to lock out Action Replay cartridges; perhaps it attempts to reject third-party save cartridges as well...

also another game i got was gaurdian heroes which happens to have pretty bad slow down (specifically on multiplayer); is it just my copy is that just the way the game is?
I haven't played it in a while, but I think slowdown in Guardian Heroes is normal. In fact there's a good chance that it's intentional (Treasure's programmers are not known for being lazy or unskilled). This is also not something I would expect on a bad copy; usually bad copies result in crashing, stuttering or cut off music and FMV, or excessive load time.

is thats omething the ram cart would fix?
The only thing that the RAM cart fixes is games that don't run without a RAM cart. ;)

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sat, 2005-05-07 @ 01:58 PM

The only thing that the RAM cart fixes is games that don't run without a RAM cart. ;)

[post=133722]Quoted post[/post]​

True for the most part but I can think of atleast one exception: Pocket Fighter. It can run without the cart, but loads faster with it if I'm nt mistaken.

Back