could i have a bad iso?

......k...so i hope this ain't gonna get me banned from the boards.....but......

I have STHA in bin format, i used the country code converter, from the misc page to make it a PAL image, burned it in CDr-Win 5 (i think it was 5...)...then using the disc swap trick....it booted to the sega licence screen then went back to the saturn audio player (U know what i mean...)

so...am i doing anything wrong?...is it a bad image or what? please help!!! (whare can i find the git i got it from...he need's to be shot!)

thanks in advance!

What is STHA?

Was it an iso/mp3 or bin/cue image?

And kindly determine what exactly you burned it with, because there's a HUGE difference between CDRWin 3.x/4.x and CDRWin 5. The latter is more of a Discjuggler ripoff.

Also, post the cuesheet here for me (& others) to see, please...

STHA is shining the holy ark...

and the saturn country converter doesn't converts from PAL<->NTSC ... that is, this usefull app doesn't converts tv signal systems... Country codes and NTSC/PAL are two diferent things... you can have a game with European country code... but it will be still in NTSC...

by SEGA license screen you mean that black screen, with the SEGA logo?

that's weird...

....sorry 4 not replying 4 a few days...but i had to go work!
sad.gif

as requested...this is the cue sheet that came with the .bin image (yea....the evil BIN/CUE combo!)

Code:
FILE "SS-STHA.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

INDEX 01 24:20:50

i was trying to burn it in CDr Win 3.9c and CDr Win 5.0...but i have had no luck in getting the game to work on a real saturn.....I know the image file works, as i have had it running on Satourne....

...and yes, i ment the black screen, with the SEGA logo

with all that said...can anyone offer me advice or help......

thanks again!
tongue.gif

humm... could it be that STHA does 2 security checks??

When you say that SEGA black screen appears... does the lens moves to the outer edge before it falls back to the cd-player?

If this is not the prob... then your swap technique should be failing somewhere...

When you say that SEGA black screen appears... does the lens moves to the outer edge before it falls back to the cd-player?

er....i think it does.....

but for now...let me ask a side question on this.....

i have burned the game to a few cd's in the hope that one will work.....
sad.gif
so...is there any way that i can just copy the files back to my PC and burn them in Discjuggler or nero? ( i realy want this game up-and-running!)

To start off with...

If it tries a 2nd security ring check, the you just have to perform the swap trick (again), if you've done it right the game should boot....

About copying the cd back to your Hard Disk... You could follow the Ripping Guide.. (on SX "new" Help & FAQs...) , then again if you're going to re-burn it... you won't solve the problem...

Just do the swap trick again (ie insert the original cd...) when the lens moves to the outer edge... and after it (re)reads the ring, re-insert the copied cd...

.....i got it to boot (finaly!!!)

:party

but it's running slow as hell.....it hangs on the name entry screen (just before the game starts!)

SO! i've read the CDRW Adjustment FAQ in the misc section....it says CDRW but will this cover CDr's too?.....and what way do you turn the l'il orange thing?...as it dont tell you in the guide!

humm, its a 3rd security check...
tongue.gif

I wouldn't do that mod... that should be used *only* when having probs reading cds... (like random read errors.. crashes...) or for people developing for saturn.. so that they don't wast a cdr everytime they want to test a program...

...since my last post on this matter...i've got the game to run great!........there is NO 2nd or 3rd checks made by the saturn......and i will stay away from the l'il orange thing!
tongue.gif

IBarracudaI, Thanks wery much for all your help/advice on this matter! :cheers

cool.gif
Congratulations!!!

but... What have you done? (this 2nd and 3rd checks... also looked strange to me... as I have STHA and never noticed these checks... I just couldn't confirm because I don't have my saturn here...)

Maybe your swap techinique was the prob.... ???

Back