CPU and case temperatures

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Athlons are pretty tough. If it really bothers you, do something about it, get a new cooler or improve airflow if case temp is too high.

I will also note that when comparing temps between different machines you can't do direct temp comparisons. My 1800+ has a better version of the same cooler that my friend has, the only difference is that mine has a copper insert in the base. His 2600+ runs cooler. It's just a cool chip. Heck, if it wasn't one of the new locked ones, he could OC it quite a bit. There's no known way to unlock them either, not with a speedstrip or anything else. I don't blame AMD though, if you look at chip prices, they were taking a beating selling 2500+/2600+ chips at sub-$100, only to have them running at 3000+/3200+ speeds.

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 5, 2004 @ 05:28 AM

Actually I have a P4 with the stock heatsink/fan

would hovering around 65 for a few hours be bad?

No, in fact its very hard to cook a P4 in normal use. They underclock themselves when they get too hot. I haven't made up my mind if I like that or not, since it can make it hard to tell when you've got a problem. But either way, you aren't hurting it.

Anyway, assuming that is a retail heatsink, you shouldn't be having heat issues unless the case temp is getting a little high. P4s need to dissipate a lot of heat, so they packaged them with decent coolers.

Now, I'm going to try and sleep. Maybe I'll have to find a wall stud and resort to "forced sleep".

Originally posted by gameboy900@Feb 6, 2004 @ 01:45 PM

Hehe I'd say it's the other way around. The rest of the world got rid of imperial for metric long ago. The US is just too damn stuborn to realize it's better.

I think the old English system is called the US Customary System now. :hehehe: I'm american, but I tend to use metric more. If you say "hand me a quart of this or a pint of that" I'll have no idea what the fuck you mean until you convert it to fluid ounces (I know fluid ounces). It's beyond me why we use the English system when metric is SO much easier.

Originally posted by mountaindud+Jun 5, 2004 @ 11:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Jun 5, 2004 @ 11:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-it290@Jun 5, 2004 @ 06:03 PM

The metric system is the work of Satan, that's why.

:eek: I'd have to disagree. [/b][/quote]

Well then obviously you've never met the guy.

Back