Cue sheet needed

hey eid whats up. i dont know of any prog that can create a cue from that game, but i do have an alternative. u could convert to iso+mp3 usin binchunker, then generate a cue that way.

Yeah, your best bet is to ask someone who has the original game (or a copy or the original that's not burned from ISO+MP3 or ISO+WAV) to create a cuesheet for you. And even if you burn an ISO+MP3 or ISO+WAV rip of this game, it very likely that the audio will be out of sync since it uses a lot of very short audio tracks. If memory serves me correct, this game uses the most audio tracks for a Saturn game.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Aug. 18 2002, 12:18 am

Except that binchunker can't work properly unless it's got a .cue file...

@_@ silly me
tongue.gif

heres an idea. rename the file to an iso, make the cue file, then rename it back to bin. the open the cue file and change the txt from reading *.iso to *.bin, and that should work.

edit: i just tested it usin shienryu, worked flawlessly.

But will it play the audio tracks?

If the game runs OK without the audio, then that's fine.

AFAIK if you burn a bin/cue image (data and audio) as just a bin (data) your burning program will just burn one large data track. Without all of the audio tracks cue points from the correct cue sheet, how could it do anything else?

i tested it, worked fine. audio was fine. if u have no other choice but to get that cue from someone else, than u could at least try it.

eidrian

dude use discjuggler 4 it dont need a cue file at all and it will burn it off perfectly

i do all me games that are in bin format with this software its the tops ,

Originally posted by klakalou@Aug. 19 2002, 1:26 am

i tested it, worked fine. audio was fine. if u have no other choice but to get that cue from someone else, than u could at least try it.

So klakalou, the disc that you produced was one data track and one audio track? Interesting...

im not sure how many tracks it had, but it was shienryu, a shooter. it was a single bin file, and i generated a cue for it usin the trick.

Yeah, you said it was Shienryu already.

I've got a copy of it and it has one data track and one audio track. What I'm asking is did your method produce a disc with just a data track?

Im amazed nobodys mentioned WinISO...I use it almost all the time, especially when i dont get a cuesheet with bin files...Basically just get it, (WinISO) and open it, go to convert and select BIN to ISO...check which tracks you want extracted, (obviously) and thats pretty much all there is to it
smile.gif

Edit: well that, and making a cue file with Sega Cue Maker.
smile.gif

Based on your theory, I did a little testing with a small raw mixed mode BIN+CUE (1 data track and 2 audio tracks) rip. WinISO version 5.3 was used.

At first, I thought you were right in that WinISO shows you the tracks from a BIN when you select BIN to ISO... from the Convert menu. So I asked myself, "How is WinISO able to get the info to tell it how many tracks a mixed mode BIN file has as well as how big each track is?"

Then I came to realize that maybe it's because I have the original BIN+CUE cue sheet in the same directory as the BIN file I'm trying to use WinISO to convert to ISO+WAV. Could it be that WinISO auto detects whether a cuesheet - sharing the same file name minus the file extension as the BIN file - is present in the same directory?

So I renamed the cuesheet from the original BIN+CUE rip and tried the BIN to ISO... convert again. As I hypothesized, WinISO didn't ask/show me which tracks I wanted to extract; it just went straight to converting as if there was only one track in the BIN file. To be more certain that WinISO is using the information from the cue sheet, I changed some of the numbers from the cue sheet to ridiculous values. I did the BIN to ISO... again and it showed me which tracks I wanted to convert. However, I noticed that track 2 went from 10 MB (before editing cue sheet) to 3803 MB (after editing cue sheet). WTF? LOL!

Conclusion: WinISO, like CDmage, cannot determine how many data and audio tracks there are in a mixed mode BIN file without the presence of a valid cue sheet of the same file name (minus file extension) in the same directory as the BIN file. Therefore, WinISO cannot convert a mixed mode BIN to ISO+WAV without the help of a valid cue sheet. And since the purpose of this post is to find a way to get that cue sheet, or find another way to extract the ISO+WAV from the mixed mode BIN file that is missing the cue sheet, the best solution I think is still to get someone who has the original game to make a cue sheet for you.

The suggesion daffy duck made sounds interesting though. Since I neither have DJ4 installed, nor have I ever used it, I cannot confirm whether his method works or not.

Originally posted by cww80@Aug. 20 2002, 5:44 am

Im amazed nobodys mentioned WinISO...I use it almost all the time, especially when i dont get a cuesheet with bin files...Basically just get it, (WinISO) and open it, go to convert and select BIN to ISO...check which tracks you want extracted, (obviously) and thats pretty much all there is to it
smile.gif

Edit: well that, and making a cue file with Sega Cue Maker.
smile.gif

See reply above for bigger text.

Ouch! Im wounded ??? I always have to use it like that, cause when i try using the cue sheets, that usually come with the bin files, they get rejected.I usually do have them, (the cue sheets) and in the same directory, when i use WinISO...damn, oh well
smile.gif

Edit: I guess i shouldnt have assumed that it would work, although i could have sworn it has/could ???

I didn't think WinISO could do it. If CDmage can't do it, nothing can.
biggrin.gif

I'll give DJ4 a go when I can. I'm not sure how it would do it though. Maybe the same way as WinISO. ???

Back