Custom Cases

I've been looking for some computer cases for a while and I have found none that I like so far. Too many of them were too big and looked very :puke: . Well anyways I was wondering if anyone knows a place that can build you a case out of a design you make. I have a few ideas in my head that I would like to make into a case but not sure where this can be done. Thanks for any information you can give.

pc's with flashing strobe lights, windows, glowing fans, sirens, and other types of items are flamingly homosexual

maybe u dont know how? that's basically where I am at, I can paint good but that's about it. The case I am gettin comes w/ a window so that'll be a nice first step. Maybe get sumone who is get at airbrushing and throw sum cool designs on it. But ya, he prob. doesn't know how to do it, and would rather have a nice case to startoff w/ then invest time and money into sumthin he could fail on.

Even if he fails in what he wants to achieve, his case will be better than people who buy theirs, just cause he did it himself.

Getting a window pre-installed is a good idea. They look better when they are rivetted to the case than when they are held in with a big weird shaped rubber gasket thing. Not that I'm in any hurry to have a window in my case *shrug*

I agree with Jurai... Strobes, neons, fans with neons...

It is a very time wasting idea.... It is a computer for god sakes...

Use it for what it should be used for :) Like talking on SX hah :lol:

I never understood windows.

I wouldn't get one if it didn't cost extra.

In fact, you'd have to pay ME.

I just like the simple, sleak look of a nice black case

it's cool to have a faint blue glow comming out of the side of the PC....."gills" look cool too w/ a faint glow of a color comming out

just a little accent to impress yer freinds and to have it look cool I guess...

I like a nice beige tower. Screw even getting black, cause then you have to get black drives to match or it looks bad, and a lot of places charge more for black drives. If I ever do a custom pc case it will be very custom with paint and windows and stuff, though I'll stay away from lights, cause those are distracting.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Nov 11, 2003 @ 10:19 PM

it's cool to have a faint blue glow comming out of the side of the PC....."gills" look cool too w/ a faint glow of a color comming out

just a little accent to impress yer freinds and to have it look cool I guess...

I'll give ya that, but my boxes are usually tucked away so it doesn't matter

Only times I'd make a custom case would be for a lan rig or a media box. I plan on making a media box soon, but I dun have any friends that do the lan party thing anymore, since all the friends I had that did suck. Which means I would not build a lan rig.

I like odd cases, but yeah, windows and the like don't really add much to the PC. They certainly don't help with heat dissipation at all. I think I'd rather have a really nice aluminum case. That said, my Tiger case that I've had my main PC in since 1998 (it's gone through several iterations of motherboards in that time) works just fine, although the case fan is getting a little dusty. I do like my Shuttle with its thumbscrews, easy drive access, and super bright LEDs though. The problem with mini ATX pcs though is that if the power supply goes you have to get the right one to replace it with.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Nov 11, 2003 @ 05:44 PM

I agree with Jurai... Strobes, neons, fans with neons...

It is a very time wasting idea.... It is a computer for god sakes...

Use it for what it should be used for :) Like talking on SX hah :lol:

Yeah, and cars are just for getting from point A to point B. No excuses. Appearance has NOTHING to do with what is inside, and it doesn't help you get from place to place. It's a car for god sakes...

Look, there's nothing wrong with making a cool looking custom case, as long as you don't go overboard. It might not be a priority, and I would rather not spend money on it myself, as I do not have money to spare on appearance. But even though I don't put a window and lights in my case doesn't mean its stupid. If someone wants to make their computer look cool, and they have the time/money, more power to em. Jurai is just being himself and attacking it because its not his thing. Are you gonna sit here and do the same?

Rabbit: Yeah, he'd be better off finding a decent case with a window preinstalled, that is the hardest part. If he can live with the color, even better, because then all he has to do is buy and install simple things to semi-customize it with little effort.

caffeine_machine_1.jpg

Edit: that's not mine btw, just a picture I found at some point.

My case has a window. Its an enermax case and the window is in the shape of the enermax logo. It has a blue neon light inside and blue power and reset buttons. Blue lights are cool..

oddly enough i bought a monitor and the lihgt on it is blue to. kinda cool how they coincidentally matched.

Heh, I saw a cigarette lighter peripheral in a catalog a little while ago (like a car lighter). I was going to get it, but I don't have any spare 5 1/4 drive bays.

Back