Cya

SkankinMonkey

Established Member
All things eventually come to an end, this is unfortunate but true. I've been with SegaXtreme for a few years now, and seen the site go through it's ups and downs. I have met many good people through the site, and many jerks. I joined SegaXtreme about the time RevQuixo and Mowgli did a few summers ago. I took over for Ice when he had to go on vacation for a few weeks and have been here pretty much all the time since then.

Recently, events have come about that I find in conflict of what I had envisioned for SegaXtreme, and I had said before that I would quit over anything like this happening, and therefore I am saying goodbye to all the site's loyal users, all my friends I made here, and everyone else. I may still visit the message boards, but people change and time changes things.

So here I will give thanks to a few users that I can name off the top of my head that made SegaXtreme a fun place to be for me. RevQuixo, Mowgli, Cynnamin, bugula, gameboy900, cww80, megametal, Fabrizio, Cowering, Tyranid, CyberWarriorX, Artemio, Cecilia Chen, MasterAkumamatata, and many more that I don't feel like typing out at the moment.
tongue.gif

I'll come back with VGR, until then.

Bye

Ditto

Skank, Mowgli and I will be back with VGR.

Along with some new staffers (but old school SXers) like gameboy900 and RUiNa

Until then, adios.

Rev: Call me crazy, but this makes it the 2nd time you killed SX. You bastard!! Oh well, Ice and the rest of us will bring this place back up.

Skank: Sorry to see you go, good luck with VGR.

Ice: If you need a new admin, new web designer, new anything, I'm your man. I knew (and got blocked for saying) that Rev would bring down SX. Give me some control and I promise to help restore SX to what it once was.

Originally posted by slinga@Nov. 14 2002, 11:32 am

Rev: Call me crazy, but this makes it the 2nd time you killed SX. You bastard!! Oh well, Ice and the rest of us will bring this place back up.

Skank: Sorry to see you go, good luck with VGR.

Ice: If you need a new admin, new web designer, new anything, I'm your man. I knew (and got blocked for saying) that Rev would bring down SX. Give me some control and I promise to help restore SX to what it once was.

I still stickin' with this place too.

I don't know why the FTP thing is that big of deal either with or without it. As long as it's moderated well.

I'm up to helping around this place and getting more involved too. I don't want to see this place die.

skank peace you always seemed cool to me. rev never really knew you but what ever i never know anyone lol.

see both of you later, you two seemed pretty neat for moderators, and what you guys wanted for SX is admirable.

Hi Skank,

I think VGR will be really great! You should keep in touch with us so when the new place is ready, you can just PM our accounts here. Im sure loads of people feel the same way.

In my opinion, I think its much harder to gain new people (The good ones) compared to just gaining people (Everyone else).

When you loose good people, you really can't gain them back that easily. No matter what quick fix you plan (e.g., Bringing the FTP back, etc.). I think after a point people get fed up and don't even care, so no matter what extremes people do, it never brings them back.

now since so much of the power is leaving i will try to become the SX dictator mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhahahahahahahaha. (sorry again i'm making a mindless drunk post)

Originally posted by joe81@Nov. 15 2002, 3:48 pm

now since so much of the power is leaving i will try to become the SX dictator mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhahahahahahahaha. (sorry again i'm making a mindless drunk post)

But you are usually such a sane voice around here... ???
tongue.gif

Originally posted by joe81@Nov. 13 2002, 12:44 pm

skank peace you always seemed cool to me. rev never really knew you but what ever i never know anyone lol.

I'd just like to clear up that Rev never did anything to hurt this site, in fact he did an incredible amount of work for the site. Rev was the one who managed the games when they were located on free internet servers. Mowgli and him set up a system in which only people who wanted to help out the site would have access to the games, that way there would never really be any leechers cause you actually had to contribute and help the site grow before you had access to the games. When the primary host for the games crashed, Rev was the one who headed up the daunting task of transferring all the games to a new free internet server. This involved having people upload gig's upon gig's to another server. I don't like seeing him leave, but I understand why Skank and him are. Cya guys

gof you had to pick my post to quote lol. i wasn't being negative at all should have picked a post that had negativity in it.

I didn't mean to imply that your post was negative at all! Sorry if thats what it came off as. A lot of people werent here way back when, nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to shed some light on some of the stuff these guys did for us.

i'm gonna miss em and i always feared rev for some reason i guess it wasn't rational so it was a paranoia. but none the less he was cool from the lil i saw of him around here so were the rest. now skank i think gave me the little term of dim lightbulb or dimbulb it was too long ago for me to remember but anyways he is the one i am gonna miss the most.
smile.gif

I haven't been around much lately, working on other projects. What a surprise to come back and see this mess. To put my two cents worth....I Liked what this site was becoming. There were a lot less jerks around when the FTP section was ko'd. I'm not thrilled to see it back. Can't wait for VGR to open. Won't be around much anymore. Love and peace to all.

Back