Darn you skank! =)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
oh well, i cant find it, i guess ill go get it from somewhere else. I want Zelda:LttP at full speed =)

Fabrizo

Website
Visit site
WOOT! They FINNALY released a new version! I have been waiting for a new release for a looooong time, hope it was worth the wait.

SkankinMonkey

Website
Visit site
My thoughts are if you aren't intelligent enough to find it, you probably aren't intelligent enough to burn it :p

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
yeah, i found it and burt it, no problem. I was more just trying to start conversation, and your news post kinda hinted that it was somewhere on this page. I still havent gotten around to getting all my games back on one disk, and figuring out if my saves are still good or if i will have to start over though.

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
yeah, i love it. i have like 3 or 4 more dungeons to go i think. im in the ice one in the dark world. This new release has a noticable speed increase, but its still not perfect, but very playable. I commend the authors. And im also VERY happy to say, it supports save games from previous versions (read: I dont have to start over) :)

ExCyber

Staff member
Are you playing with sound or without? I've heard that most stuff runs nearly full speed with sound disabled...

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
i play with sound. Yeah, i hear it runs full speed without sound, but i like the overworld theme too much to turn sound off =), even if it is a tad sluggish

ExCyber

Staff member
Supergrom: Did you use the Pike installer script? For some reason I couldn't get the thing to work - I think it can't find the GTK libs...

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
No, i tried it. i installed everything they said, and associated *.pike files with the pike program, but it just came up with dos prompt that scrolled through a bunch of stuff, then closed before I knew what had happened. I was about to do it the other way (with cdrecord and mkisofs etc.) but then i decided that was more trouble than i really wanted to spend, since i wasted many a cd tryin to get that stuff right before. So i ended up just downloading the nero image from dcemulation and making a seperate rom cd. I dont mind swapping, and now i dont have to worry about making a new image for every new release (even if they are far between)

Gallstaff

Website
Visit site
The ####.... i've never heard of this before. So... you burn a super nintendo rom and just play it on ur dc with a special disk you buy called dreamsnes?

ExCyber

Staff member
I just played it tonight. I only tried one game (Battletoads in Battlemaniacs) so far. With sound on, the frameskip is noticeable but nothing I can't handle after my years with a 100MHz Cyrix 6x86. With sound off, it's generally pretty solid, but still skips in some places.

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
i didnt mess with the frameskip at all, i just fired it up and started playing. LttP is the only game ive tried so far, and it runs ALMOST full speed in most places.

ExCyber

Staff member
It seems like specific things tend to slow it down. I've noticed that it seems to slow on:

- "Warping" effects (done e.g. by changing the scroll registers on every scanline)

- Mode 7 (I'm sure everyone's shocked by this)

- Semitransparency

I'm willing to bet that it stumbles a bit on mosaic too, but haven't seen anything that uses it heavily enough to be able to tell.

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
yep, the only of those that i have encountered is semi-transparency. In the Lost Woods in the Northwest, there is shadows that are transparent and cause a fair amount of slowdown.