Daytona USA

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Originally posted by Daytona USA manual

...And You're Under Way!

You rank 28th in a pack of 40 surging, screaming machines, all vying for the lead position. Just ahead and to your left, Car 16 takes a glancing hit from behind and spins wildly. You dodge just in time to avoid a pileup, but two other drivers aren’t so lucky…. With seven laps to go, you downshift just before the entrance to the hairpin before the Start/Finish line, but you’ve come in too fast. Tires scream as the g-forces pull your car to the right, and the wall looms close. All you can do is hang on and pray that you squeeze by—at 200 miles an hour, kissing the wall is not something you want to do….

Daytona™ USA brings the excitement of stock car racing action from the arcade to the armchair! Play the Arcade version of the game, or check out the extra options in Sega Sports’ special Saturn Mode.

Strap yourself in behind the controls, and get ready to race!

........ :auto

Attachments

• DaytonaUSA.jpg
    DaytonaUSA.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 134
  • DaytonaUSA.jpg
    DaytonaUSA.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 146
This was one of the games that made me crave a Saturn in the first place. And when I finally got my Saturn with Daytona and the Sega steering wheel (along with Sega Rally) I was the happiest kid in the world :)

The game breathes that classic arcade atmosphere we love Sega so much for. Even though the game was way too short/simple with only a few tracks and cars, it still blew me away to be able to play at home what I played in the arcade so much before.

The shortness/simplicity issues have been solved in the Circuit Championship Edition btw :)

This game came with my pal saturn. I had sold alot of my stuff to afford my saturn but still didnt have enough in the end. My parents said that they would chip in the rest if i waited till christmas.

I was sick for a week in october when to my surprise my dad came in with the saturn and gave it to as a surprise! He also took me out to rent Wing Arms as well. I couldn't believe how good this game [daytona] was.

Infact, it was the only saturn game that i owned for some time. Needless to say, i got VERY good at it, especially in Saturn mode.

Happy Days!

As someone who didn't play the Saturn version until well after the system had died, I find it pretty amazing how poorly the original version was done - especially when you see how good the CCE version is.

Frame rate, draw-in, AI, controls - all shocking. I would have loved to have seen this game in its prime. :)

I think Daytona was a great game on the saturn!

I've played it for ages!

the graphics sucked! but the gameplay and the music kicked ass! just like the arcade!

I think you haven't played the game well enough when you say it sucks!!!

Oh yeah, Daytona USA was my second title short after the release of the japanese SEGA Saturn.

I remember me and a friend playing Daytona through many nights giving us a very very very close race on the first track in Time Attack mode.

We were so good and played so much that it took hours to even get a time into the top 20!

The standard evening was this way: we played long time untill one of us sets a top time(later, even a fifth place in top 20 was a big success). In most cases it was me and so I went to bed to sleep :) .

And when I woke up next morning, my only concern was: "did he manage to beat me?". Sometimes he did, sometimes he was still playing in the morning and sometimes he tried to trick me and lied "I've beaten you". But most time he was not able to beat it. Hehe!

Years later I've bought Daytona USA CCE and was very disappointed of the gameplay. It's a desaster! Nice graphics and sound, but the steering is nothing compared to the original!

But I claim: nobody will ever reach such times with Daytona like me and my friend did that time ago. Never ever! But the save is lost since these years...

Originally posted by dokkie@Oct 14, 2004 @ 10:18 AM

I think Daytona was a great game on the saturn!

I've played it for ages!

the graphics sucked! but the gameplay and the music kicked ass! just like the arcade!

I think you haven't played the game well enough when you say it sucks!!!

[post=120965]Quoted post[/post]​

It was a very weak port.

I loved Daytona USA on the Sega Saturn. When I first played it, one saturday evening, I was hooked. Sure, the PAL version had huge borders, but for me the gameplay was all there.. it was enough to keep me playing for many hours.

The CCE version, and 2001 Dreamcast game didnt come close to this original classic.

And I dont care what other people think... THE MUSIC WAS COOL! :)

Back