DC data/data format...

Hello everybody :)

I am trying to burn a CD-R with the data/data format, so that every DC (even the newest ones) should be able to load it. I followed the instructions in the "Dreamcast Backup FAQ", and finally got a disc with two data sessions instead of audio/data. The problem is that when I try to load it, it seems to boot but then sends me back to the main menu screen. I am obviously doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. I noticed that the "Bin2Boot" utility creates two data tracks. The game is contained in the first one, the second one is empty and about as big as the audio session in a CD-R using the audio/data format. I checked everything I could (LBA offset, ip.bin and 1st_read.bin), but at this moment only got two coasters. Is there anyone that succeeded in creating a data/data disc that might help me ?

Thanks very much to everyone,

Flavio

I tried with a couple of games (F355 and Virtua Tennis), but got two coasters :) The first one was already selfbooting (but using the audio/data format), the second one was non-booting. I used Bin2Boot to create the image and Discjuggler to burn it. As I said, the result was a data/data CD with the game files in the *first* session, and an empty second session as long as the audio section in a audio/data CD. It seems to load, but then drops back to the menu. Any ideas ?

the first session has to be a 3 second data track, the second session the one with the actual game data.

Anyways, try to use the echelon selfbooting metod. With that it doesn't matter the length of the first session since you are always aware of what you are modding, there are even programs that do all the things for you (but not bin2boot) ;)

Thanks to everybody ^_^

I'll try your suggestions :)

By the way, in a data/data format, is 3 or 4 seconds really important for the first session ? I suppose it should not matter as long as I set the LBA offset correctly in the second session...

Thanks again,

Flavio

dammit does the "If you even mention copied games here you will be banned!" not apply? im so confused about the rules sometimes because it seems like the rules change without notice depending on what mood the moderators are in (and please dont ban me ^_^). if the rules dont apply, there are all these questions i want to post x_X

Good point. But since DC died the rules are a bit more relaxed. Anyways, this post can apply to more things than copied games if you have some creativity ;)

By the way, in a data/data format, is 3 or 4 seconds really important for the first session ? I suppose it should not matter as long as I set the LBA offset correctly in the second session...

I suppose that the Dreamcast wouldn't really care, but if you have a burner that can burn < 4-second sessions, I'd like to hear a bit more about it...

Back