DC LAN / BBA Adapter thread

I just spent some money and got one ( i have this problem where i have to get cool stuff for my consoles all the time when i can )

I just want to know of cool games and application ( 3rd party and home-brew ) that are going to help me enjoy this piece for my DC a bit more ( cause there is not all that much that you can do with it )

Maybe after some input we might be able to come up with a top 10 things to do with your super expensive LAN adapter for the DC.

People that own it and use it frequently maybe set up a list on names and games that you play online. Links to websites that cover this topic, FAQs, comments, ideas .... anytihng goes.

I remember reading a long time ago that you could use the BBA to read the GD-ROMs from the DC and load them into a PC ( is this true or am i delusional ? )

Originally posted by kaos42_ze@Jan. 01 2003, 4:47 am

I remember reading a long time ago that you could use the BBA to read the GD-ROMs from the DC and load them into a PC ( is this true or am i delusional ? )

True
biggrin.gif
, how do you think they got the ISO's of the games that can't be read in a normal CD-ROM Drive...there is also a serial "coders" cable that was/is used for this

I thought they just used the serial cable .... and i looked for FAQ on how to use the BBA adapter for this and could not find anything so i tought i must have been dreaming or something.

Would you have a link to some FAQ about this BBA deal .... it would be fun to try.

Here are some fun development tools for the BBA

http://www.megagames.com/dc/dc_utils_rip.shtml

Does anyone have a list of games for BBA compatible games ?

Here are teh ones i know of

- Quake 3

- Unreal Tournament

- PSO v1 & v2

- Outrigger

- Bomberman Online

- POD Zone

- Ooga Booga

What will happend when sega shuts down its services ? Is anyone working on keeping this going ?

It takes about half an hour to dump an ISO from a GD using a program called bbrip or something like that (imagine the strain your DC's laser is put through). After that, depending on the game, it can get pretty tough to make it into a playable CDR, as you may have to hack the executables to remove GD checks, downsample FMVs/music and a whole bunch of other possible stuff. Truth is... I don't think it's really worth the effort specially since 99% (or more
biggrin.gif
) of all dreamcast games have already been released as ISOs.

Originally posted by kaos42_ze@Jan. 03 2003, 8:16 am

Here are some fun development tools for the BBA

You say "development tools", but they're warezing tools. Even the page you linked to doesn't try to pass them off as devtools!

Guys, guys .... chilax

I just want to try it out as a challange, something to do, get some use out of that 100$ LAN adapter .... that is it. It was just something i was not sure of ( thinking it was just a myth ).

Originally posted by StriderHiryuu@Jan. 03 2003, 1:04 am

Truth is... I don't think it's really worth the effort specially since 99% (or more
biggrin.gif
) of all dreamcast games have already been released as ISOs.

Yeah I think there is only like 1 US game that wasn't ripped.

Plus just about every import has too.

.... Not that I would know
smile.gif

Now .... who has / has used Planet Web v3.0?

WTF ... why is it so slow and why does it take 4 ever to load an MP3 ?

Does anyone use any better homebrew browsers ? with the same features as the Planet Web v3.0

I have never seen a homebrew one....but ya if someone could make one with like new java support, mpg/avi support, etc. then I would surely use it, a lot.

Back