DC VGA questions

I'm planning to buy a VGA display connector but...

what's the difference between a DC VGA box and a DC VGA cable?

Does the DC VGA box/cable uses PC speakers or hi-fi stereo for sound?

I think they should be about the same thing. I had a naki I think it was brand vga box (I still have it somewhere), it had vga out and a fixed output headphone jack on one side, and composite video with fixed output rca audio jacks on the other. There was a switch on it to let you decide which one you wanted. OH! and it was orange too :lol:

Hi

I have a VGA box made by Voi or something? Anyhoo, it has an svideo out, monitor out, a stereo head phone jack and the AV out as well. Never heard of a cable but i am assuming it is vga only

VGA cable gives you a vga output only - nothing more.

As you can get the VGA Boxes as cheap as a simple VGA cable i suggest you'll bettter go for a box.

Hi,

I have a VGA box on the dreamcast.

Probably the best thing i ever bought for the machine.

Stunning visual quality,Easily rivals todays consoles.

With the cable i guess this is the most direct route and may give a slightly better piture,But not much if any.

The box i bought is made to a very high standard and has headphone,Video,Vga,Audio out.

Even though it has all these it still has a brilliant picture.

The headphone output is really clear and very usefull.

I recomend one of these boxes.

One thing i am trying to get round at the moment is that if you have a Dreamcast boot cd it knocks of the VGa output.

I bought Streetfighter 3rd strike and cannot get the game to run in VGA as the boot cd stops the output. :damn:

I have Ikaruga running which is beyond anything i ahve ever seen before,In VGA it stands head and shoulders above the xbox and ps2.

In fact i am considering buying a huge VGA monitor just for the Dreamcast.

Here is a pic of the DC vga box.

They can be bought on Ebay for around $15.

Hope this helps,

Ian. :thumbs-up:

Attachments

• extreme_1
    53.8 KB · Views: 109
  • extreme_1
    53.8 KB · Views: 101
Originally posted by croft@Jan 16, 2004 @ 04:03 AM

I have Ikaruga running which is beyond anything i ahve ever seen before,In VGA it stands head and shoulders above the xbox and ps2.

Mmm, fanboy goggles..

You do realise Ikaruga is also on GC and supports progressive scan (IIRC)? At a more stable frame rate than the DC version?

Hi Tagrineth,

Wow--Will be of to the shops today to get the Gamecube vershion of Ikaruga.

That sounds really cool.

I live in the uk and at the moment HDTV televishions are very rare.

We do have Dijital tv which is ok but no where near as good as HDTV

Closest we will probably get is with the PC momitor.

I have a 21" Mitsubishi diamond plus 100e which is very good.

Would it be able to run a Gamecube on a PC monitor?

There is a dvd player in the uk which can be run on a pc monitor,It has progressive scan,component output.It is made by ARIANET and includes VGA output.

Thanks for the info,

Amazing. :blink:

Originally posted by croft@Jan 16, 2004 @ 05:03 AM

Hi,

I have a VGA box on the dreamcast.

Probably the best thing i ever bought for the machine.

Stunning visual quality,Easily rivals todays consoles.

With the cable i guess this is the most direct route and may give a slightly better piture,But not much if any.

The box i bought is made to a very high standard and has headphone,Video,Vga,Audio out.

Even though it has all these it still has a brilliant picture.

The headphone output is really clear and very usefull.

I recomend one of these boxes.

One thing i am trying to get round at the moment is that if you have a Dreamcast boot cd it knocks of the VGa output.

I bought Streetfighter 3rd strike and cannot get the game to run in VGA as the boot cd stops the output. :damn:

Here is a pic of the DC vga box.

They can be bought on Ebay for around $15.

Hope this helps,

Ian. :thumbs-up:

Is it possilbe to remove the VGA box while you boot the game with the boot CD, and then once the game is loaded you can re-attach the VGA box. It's worth a try.

Maybe swap around the regular RCA cables, and then when your game is loaded try to re-attach the VGA box.

Am I repeating myself here. :p

Back