De La Jet Set Radio

Front
1-4.jpg

Back
2-1.jpg

All I could find out was this:

After the public reported several bugs in the Original Japanese version of Jet Set Radio, Sega decided to re-release it under the name of De La Jet Set Radio. This version was only sold in Japan via Dreamcast Direct (now called Sega Direct) making it one of the more rare Dreamcast titles available. The gameplay in this version was easier to pick up and included the music, levels and characters from the European and US versions. Most of the text in option menus is in English, unlike the original Japanese version.

I'd really like to know what it's worth. There are none on Ebay because of how rare it is. I just happend to get lucky and land myself a brand new copy a while back.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Here are the bugs reported with the 1st version:

The Japanese version of Jet Set Radio was considered polished with the exception of the way in which enemy gang members and your own members would run into walls. Along with the addition of new maps in the North American version, several noteworthy glitches were also added. Other glitches include falling through water into the oblivion and not stopping from falling.

Grind Square

• It is possible to launch your character into several objects and skate around the inside of a solid wall.
  • Enemies do not visually appear until several seconds into the level, giving the appearance of fading into existence. This glitch has been tested numerous times and is claimed to be verified.
Bantam Street

• There is a small portion of a bordering wall that occasionally sends the character into mid-air, thus ruining their forward momentum. This glitch has been tested and is perceived to occur on rare occasions.

The japanese version has different music than the US version? What's that music like?

When it says new levels were added for the US version, does that mean the US version only has the US-specific levels, or does the US version contain both the US and Japanese levels?

Does the US version contain all the glitches of the Japanese version?

Back