Death Tank Zwei ripped

Hi folks,

I was finally able to make a standalone Death Tank Zwei rip
biggrin.gif
. The game was freezing when it tried to access the audio tracks, that's what I understood when I looked at .

Well here ya go !

Get it at <a href="http://www.kidiwi.com/deathtank/">my Death Tank Fan Page
. FTP owners, feel free to host it.

Death Tank One is still my favorite...

Djidjo

Nice work man. I'll give this a burn tomorrow evening. Quick question though, is this from the PAL version or the NTSC version? Or does it even matter?

Edit: Also does your Death Tank One iso have the audio tracks?

I think it doesn't matter whether it's PAL or NTSC, except the game is faster in NTSC (60fps instead of 50). DT Zwei must be PAL though because Satourne tells me it's 384x240 (PAL) and not 384x224 (NTSC).

The Death Tank One ISO doesn't have any audio track. It doesn't need any.

This is cool. But as I've already burned DT One, I'm kinda weary of burning Zwei as well without knowing if I'll really like Zwei that much better than the first one in the end.

Could you provide a definite answer as to what the differences between DT and DT Zwei really are? In regard to gfx/sound, but particularly in terms of gameplay? I'd like to know every detail if possible...

You want to know all the differences just to spare 1 CD ?

Well here's what I know (I played DT Zwei just twice) :

- Hard rock music and funny colors
smile.gif

- Nukes make the screen blank a short time
huh.gif

- Earthquakes when the round lasts long put mountains down (to avoid endless final 2-player duel, I suppose) <_<

- 7 player instead of 6 with the rainbow tank
smile.gif

- "Blitz rounds" sometimes : you can shoot much faster like 2 bombs per second <_<

- 50% more gain when you get a groovy (=you kill everybody) <_<

- every player is given 10$ if he didn't win anything during the round
smile.gif

- strange glowing things in the terrain sometimes, don't know what it is though.
blink.gif

Most important :

- Hover Coil is cheaper
smile.gif
(125 instead of 200) but is limited in time <_< and you can fly higher with it
smile.gif
(the only limit is the screen)

- You can throw rolling mines like normal bombs ! This makes them MUCH more powerful weapons.
biggrin.gif

I haven't played around much with Death Tank.

Just tried out the first rip briefly

Do you all think DT is better than Worms Armeddon/World Party?

Originally posted by Djidjo@May 15, 2003 @ 04:17 PM

You want to know all the differences just to spare 1 CD ?

Oh, please
tongue.gif
it's not that big of a deal is it?
smile.gif

BUT! Thanks for the detailed answer... now I know I won't mind burning DT Zwei... and kudos to you for all the work!!
smile.gif

hm iddnt know this actually works, think i tried it once before but had built the image so badly my saturn said fuck u, gj

Originally posted by Djidjo@May 15, 2003 @ 08:48 AM

I think it doesn't matter whether it's PAL or NTSC, except the game is faster in NTSC (60fps instead of 50). DT Zwei must be PAL though because Satourne tells me it's 384x240 (PAL) and not 384x224 (NTSC).

The Death Tank One ISO doesn't have any audio track. It doesn't need any.

maybe should find an ntsc version from the usa copy of duke?

djidjo i noticed your web server isnt quite too fast, so just in case ppl are so lame they cant stand to grab a 1 meg file slowly, heres a mirror, http://jurai.free.fr/DeathTank2.rar

Originally posted by racketboy@May 15, 2003 @ 12:39 PM

Worms is definately a better game because it was not a minigame like Death Tank was.

But Death Tank is, I would say, just as fun as playing worms. The more people, the more fun. That's what I think of Death Tank. Unlike Worms on the PC where you have to crowd onto one keyboard.

Originally posted by SegaFreak+May 16, 2003 @ 08:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SegaFreak @ May 16, 2003 @ 08:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@May 15, 2003 @ 12:39 PM

Worms is definately a better game because it was not a minigame like Death Tank was.

But Death Tank is, I would say, just as fun as playing worms. The more people, the more fun. That's what I think of Death Tank. Unlike Worms on the PC where you have to crowd onto one keyboard. [/b][/quote]

cool thanks for the opinion

speaking of Worms, did you guys hear that the upcoming Worms 3D is going to be published by Sega?

Alright I gave it a burn. It worked fine on my US saturn. Good work.

- strange glowing things in the terrain sometimes, don't know what it is though.

As far as what those are, they're secret weapons. I've only gotten a few of them, but there real powerful. One is a laser, which is like a very powerful form of the machine gun. Another is a nuclear missile. (missiles are the ones you can control while their flying). Another thing is a shield which bounces everything off of u, and another shield which attracts everything to u (yes that shield sucks).

Ah there's a problem...

I was playing your rip today with some friends, and we got a blitz round. The blitz round screen didn't show up, the one with the text bouncing around, but the sound played, and after a few seconds the game went to the blitz round.

Mmmh... I wonder why. Anyway, thanks for reporting. I updated my page with what you said, I also added the IBaracudaI sentence about DT
smile.gif

I've playing your rip lately, and just wanted to note that I have yet to have the problem with the blitz round screen (with the moving graphics all over) not showing. I think it might have been a random problem with the game itself, I seem to remember it happening (where the sound played but a blank black screen) on occasion with my Duke 3D CD.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know that its not a definite bug. Great work
biggrin.gif

Back