Death Tank Zwei

Can someone please explain this Death Tank game???

I do not have one of the games required to play it, so I have no idea what this game is like or what all the hype is about.

I can't find any FAQs or screen shots. I really want to know about this game.

You ever played Worms? (Worms Armegeddon, Worms World Party)

It's kinda like that only with tanks and very basic graphics

Death Tank Zwei eh? now thats a game I havent heard mention for a long time.
wink.gif

well for pics and a bit of information on the game go to this web page

and for some downloadable media on the game go here

But I have to say with seven players Its GREAT. (If i still had seven working joypads
angry.gif
)

I apologize for the poor quality of the screen shots. As there are virtually NO Saturn emulators available for any platform, these pics are coming off my TV via my Elph.

blink.gif
:bs :smash
angry.gif
:newbie

I had completely different expectations.

It looks like a 2600 game. I didn't really get into Artillery Duel... I knew it would be something simple... but man... are those supposed to be "tanks"?

Originally posted by jeff-20@Apr 16, 2003 @ 07:44 PM

I had completely different expectations.

It looks like a 2600 game. I didn't really get into Artillery Duel... I knew it would be something simple... but man... are those supposed to be "tanks"?

The game must look pathetic, yes... but believe me its great. Its a simple multiplayer point and shoot but you can get cash and buy upgrades and stuff... sigh, I love it anyways.

Just download 'Death tank', its just 488k and its a standalone game, thanks to some genius (doh, forgot his name...sorry)

and Weed_smoker, I didn't know 7 players could play, I always play the original Death Tank and theres only 6 max... does zwei have support for more? I keep on fogetting to get a multitap...grrr.. this game would own with 6 players. then 10 player bomberman too
smile.gif

---Ammut

jeff-20, you can download the Death Tank rip from my Death Tank Page.

Hey Ammut, don't call me genius, but call me "the guy with the ass full of noodles" (it's a french expression for someone that's incredibly lucky).

Hey, and while visiting my page, why not vote for my wallpaper ? You can call me a genius for this one
rolleyes.gif

Djidjo

Ammut: It's 7 players. Just hit start after all the other 6 players hit start, the rainbow tank will pop-up in the middle of the screen.

here is the game you need to play death tank zwei, its a modified version, so, dont try playing actual duke 3d
wink.gif

the game will check for a duke3d save instead of a quake or exhumed save, so, once you load the game, and push yes to making a save file, simply restart the game and the death tank option will nicely appear for your playing, enjoy!

http://jurai.free.fr/DeathTankZweiSmall.rar

edit: btw its like 7 megs, so, now orries if ur not broadband

Heh, sorry for calling you a genius Djidjo. I sorta remembered your name but didn't want to spell it wrong and look even stupider. I voted for you in this months contest however, lol.

thanks for the reply slinga, Ill check it out once I get the multiplayer adaptor. sounds great.

---Ammut

Did someone rip Death Tank Zwei ?

I can't download it yet, but I'll try it on tuesday. Jurai, can you please tell me who did that, when and how ? Though it's not a standalone rip, it's still great not to need a duke nukem savefile and shrink to the download.

I'm a bit sad nobody ever talked about this on SX... Or did I miss something ?
unsure.gif

Originally posted by Djidjo@Apr 20, 2003 @ 06:51 AM

Did someone rip Death Tank Zwei ?

I can't download it yet, but I'll try it on tuesday. Jurai, can you please tell me who did that, when and how ? Though it's not a standalone rip, it's still great not to need a duke nukem savefile and shrink to the download.

I'm a bit sad nobody ever talked about this on SX... Or did I miss something ?
unsure.gif

i made it friday, so you missed nothing

The laughing is from the lobotomy team who converted the game (I think)
unsure.gif

Well i know its in the uk version of the game dont know about anywhere else.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Apr 20, 2003 @ 05:12 PM

my burner doesnt work right now, so i couldnt test it on my saturn, but in the emulator it got past the "produced by or under a liscense from sega" then made a laughing sound, and then just kept showing a black screen. It was a little spooky actually. and just in case anyones wondering i converted it to an nrg with nero, then to bin/cue with cdmage (unnessesary steps perhaps, but oh well). Anyway, i was just wondering if you knew where the laughing came from, becuase I listened to the mp3s and none of them had any laughing in them.

thats at the end of the intro logo vid

Back