Death Tank Zwei

Jeffrey

Can someone please explain this Death Tank game???

I do not have one of the games required to play it, so I have no idea what this game is like or what all the hype is about.

I can't find any FAQs or screen shots. I really want to know about this game.

racketboy

You ever played Worms? (Worms Armegeddon, Worms World Party)

It's kinda like that only with tanks and very basic graphics

Weed_smoker

Death Tank Zwei eh? now thats a game I havent heard mention for a long time.

well for pics and a bit of information on the game go to this web page

and for some downloadable media on the game go here

But I have to say with seven players Its GREAT. (If i still had seven working joypads
)

Taelon

I apologize for the poor quality of the screen shots. As there are virtually NO Saturn emulators available for any platform, these pics are coming off my TV via my Elph.

:bs :smash
:newbie

Jeffrey

I had completely different expectations.

It looks like a 2600 game. I didn't really get into Artillery Duel... I knew it would be something simple... but man... are those supposed to be "tanks"?

Ammut

Originally posted by jeff-20@Apr 16, 2003 @ 07:44 PM

I had completely different expectations.

It looks like a 2600 game. I didn't really get into Artillery Duel... I knew it would be something simple... but man... are those supposed to be "tanks"?

The game must look pathetic, yes... but believe me its great. Its a simple multiplayer point and shoot but you can get cash and buy upgrades and stuff... sigh, I love it anyways.

Just download 'Death tank', its just 488k and its a standalone game, thanks to some genius (doh, forgot his name...sorry)

and Weed_smoker, I didn't know 7 players could play, I always play the original Death Tank and theres only 6 max... does zwei have support for more? I keep on fogetting to get a multitap...grrr.. this game would own with 6 players. then 10 player bomberman too

---Ammut

Djidjo

jeff-20, you can download the Death Tank rip from my Death Tank Page.

Hey Ammut, don't call me genius, but call me "the guy with the ass full of noodles" (it's a french expression for someone that's incredibly lucky).

Hey, and while visiting my page, why not vote for my wallpaper ? You can call me a genius for this one

Djidjo

slinga

Ammut: It's 7 players. Just hit start after all the other 6 players hit start, the rainbow tank will pop-up in the middle of the screen.

Jurai

Ban Hammered
here is the game you need to play death tank zwei, its a modified version, so, dont try playing actual duke 3d

the game will check for a duke3d save instead of a quake or exhumed save, so, once you load the game, and push yes to making a save file, simply restart the game and the death tank option will nicely appear for your playing, enjoy!

http://jurai.free.fr/DeathTankZweiSmall.rar

edit: btw its like 7 megs, so, now orries if ur not broadband

Ammut

Heh, sorry for calling you a genius Djidjo. I sorta remembered your name but didn't want to spell it wrong and look even stupider. I voted for you in this months contest however, lol.

thanks for the reply slinga, Ill check it out once I get the multiplayer adaptor. sounds great.

---Ammut

Djidjo

Did someone rip Death Tank Zwei ?

I can't download it yet, but I'll try it on tuesday. Jurai, can you please tell me who did that, when and how ? Though it's not a standalone rip, it's still great not to need a duke nukem savefile and shrink to the download.

I'm a bit sad nobody ever talked about this on SX... Or did I miss something ?

Jurai

Ban Hammered
Originally posted by Djidjo@Apr 20, 2003 @ 06:51 AM

Did someone rip Death Tank Zwei ?

I can't download it yet, but I'll try it on tuesday. Jurai, can you please tell me who did that, when and how ? Though it's not a standalone rip, it's still great not to need a duke nukem savefile and shrink to the download.

I'm a bit sad nobody ever talked about this on SX... Or did I miss something ?

i made it friday, so you missed nothing

Supergrom

my burner doesnt work right now, so i couldnt test it on my saturn, but in the emulator it got past the "produced by or under a liscense from sega" then made a laughing sound, and then just kept showing a black screen. It was a little spooky actually. and just in case anyones wondering i converted it to an nrg with nero, then to bin/cue with cdmage (unnessesary steps perhaps, but oh well). Anyway, i was just wondering if you knew where the laughing came from, becuase I listened to the mp3s and none of them had any laughing in them.

Weed_smoker

The laughing is from the lobotomy team who converted the game (I think)

Well i know its in the uk version of the game dont know about anywhere else.

Jurai

Ban Hammered
Originally posted by Supergrom@Apr 20, 2003 @ 05:12 PM

my burner doesnt work right now, so i couldnt test it on my saturn, but in the emulator it got past the "produced by or under a liscense from sega" then made a laughing sound, and then just kept showing a black screen. It was a little spooky actually. and just in case anyones wondering i converted it to an nrg with nero, then to bin/cue with cdmage (unnessesary steps perhaps, but oh well). Anyway, i was just wondering if you knew where the laughing came from, becuase I listened to the mp3s and none of them had any laughing in them.

thats at the end of the intro logo vid

Supergrom

ok, i guess its just some incompatibility and ill just have to wait for my cd burner to get running again.

EDIT: four...posts...from...not...being...dirty...dwarf... anymore....