DecAthlete's "dat" files help

Hey guys i've been trying to extract or open these files for quite some time now without success.

Inside the game ISO i would say 98% of the files are "dat" files, so I would assume they contain all sorts of things from sound, image etc.

Some however seem to be a single image and when open in hex editor they look like this
usa.png

This is probably a problem without a known solution, but after doing my research I just decided it was worth a shot to ask here, so if anyone can point me in the right direction It would be amazing, thank you!

Have you tried opening that file in CrystalTile? That does look like sprite or texture data (to me, at least).

Have you tried opening that file in CrystalTile? That does look like sprite or texture data (to me, at least).
Hey thanks for your reply! I did try to open in with CrystalTile and some other similar programs, but I must admit that I probably did something wrong, since I'm kinda new to saturn hacking/modding. I will investigate how crystaltile works a bit more and see if i'm more lucky in the future

Back