Disc not suitable for system?

What does it mean when the saturn says 'Disc not suitable for system' on the CD player screen? I just burned Burning rangers and this is what appeared, is it because im using a UK saturn and the file is not a pal version or does it mean its a bad burn?

Thanxs for your help.

"Disc not suitable for this system" means you don't have a valid Saturn game inside your Saturn, meaning you probably have a bad burn since your Saturn is not detecting it as a Saturn game. Solution: re-burn and if problem persists, find a different copy of the ISO, else forget this game and move on to a different game.

"Game disc not suitable for this system" means you do have valid Saturn game inside your Saturn, but the country/region code does not match that of your Saturn. Solution: patch the ISO to the correct country/region code with the Saturn Country Code Changer (a.k.a. SatConv) found in the Misc. section and burn again. If you don't know the correct country/region code, take a guess until you get it right (CD-R's are cheap).
biggrin.gif

Thanxs for all your help
smile.gif

P.S it actually said Game disc not suitable, so now i know the burn was good and that its the region, really do need to by one of them multi region cart things.

Originally posted by NeoNero@June 25 2002,04:00

Thanxs for all your help
smile.gif

P.S it actually said Game disc not suitable, so now i know the burn was good and that its the region, really do need to by one of them multi region cart things.

just convert the iso to your region...

But if you've got a cart you don't have to remember to change the country code.

Oh yeah, they have some other nifty features, but it's 'country code forgetfulness protection™' that's most important to me.
biggrin.gif

Back