Do all Saturn games have 1 or more audio tracks?

I've been reading through the forums here, and I can't find a definitive answer.

Specifically, does Burning Rangers have an audio file? My download only has an ISO and a cue file, and the cue file only has the ISO file listed.

I seem to remember reading that a game must have at least one audio track to be recognized by saturn as a valid game. I just can't find a solid answer.

Thanks

Bootnut

probably a bad download or rip... Most come with audio :-/ Metal slug for saturn is hard to find with the mp3 audio.

does Burning Rangers have an audio file?

As far as I know, it doesn't. Like most Dreamcast games, it uses ADX.

I seem to remember reading that a game must have at least one audio track to be recognized by saturn as a valid game.

This is not true.

Originally posted by Bootnut+Feb 27, 2003 @ 02:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bootnut @ Feb 27, 2003 @ 02:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Specifically, does Burning Rangers have an audio file? My download only has an ISO and a cue file, and the cue file only has the ISO file listed.[/b]

Yes, Burning Rangers does have an audio track. Here is a cue sheet from a raw BIN+CUE rip:

Code:
FILE "BURNING_RANGERS.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

INDEX 01 35:15:15

The audio track is 10.853 seconds long. You hear a female voice saying the following:

<!--QuoteBegin-Burning Rangers Track 02
@May 06, 1998 @ 05:44 PM

This is a game CD for the Saturn system. Track one contains game data. So please don't play the track with a regular CD player. It might damage your audio system.[/quote]

As you can guess, the audio track is not required during game play.
tongue.gif

Thank you for the info.

I guess I can just use a dummy audio file, but perhaps I'll look for another source.

Bootnut

It's not. My burn of Burning Rangers doesn't have the audio track, but it works just fine.

EDIT: The Disc Format Standards Specification Sheet does say that at least one audio track must be present, but I believe it is a precaution against people putting the discs in CD players, not a requirement for the game to work.

antime is right.

I've got a few less than ideal rips of games that came without audio tracks and they work fine.

However, there are some games that look for audio tracks and will freeze if they don't find them, but I believe they are in the minority.

Akuma, you're a smartass
tongue.gif
And why are you linking to that thread about WinRAR? What's the point of that? What's that got to do with Saturn ISOs/audio tracks?

Back