Do you own a Mac?

Ice, I eternally love you for creating this forum. :)

Yes I own a Mac. Damn proud of it too. :D

I hate you all who vote the third option. :p

Just got a mac mini and upgraded it with 512mb geil pc3200 ram.

It's a bitch to take apart.

I own a Quadra 630 (last of the '040 macs) a Power Mac 9500 (233Mhz 604) and I think I've got a Mac Plus kicking around somewhere. None of them have had any use lately, but I'm thinking of firing up the 9500 sometime soon.

I've got a 7100 upgraded with a G3 and several other older ones around, including a 68040-based Powerbook. The 7100 is the only one that gets any use though; it's downstairs (all the other computers are upstairs), and I use it as a jukebox and sometimes to surf the web while drinking coffee in the morning.

I didn't vote in the poll, because even thought I own a Mac, I'm not a 'Mac boy'.

The closest thing I have to a Mac is this fancy looking doorstop...

...oh wait, that'd be a Mac.

I have 3, a B&W G3, a Umax SuperMac (with G4 upgrade) and a Quadra 700 (with PPC 601 upgrade card), but I would call myself a Mac boy as none are my primary machines and I got them for free. The only one currently getting any use is my B&W G3. I've been using it to get the hang of OS X dev.

I can't vote on your poll because I don't consider me as as Mac boy. I own a PowerMac 7100, it's a collector nothing is standard :D (keyboard,screen,network adapter!!)

I played with it some hours and gave up. It has finished in the attic.

Well I know some Mac maniacs, so I guess with a such post I will get new ennemies :)

I got an iBook G3 700MHz.

It's perfect for devving and surfing the internet. After installing some more main memory, the performance got better.

Another drawback for me is that some (new) programs don't run on Jaguar (MacOS X 10.2).

At the university the Mac community is steadily growing. These Mac maniacs are almost as strange as those Linux freaks. But all in all I can say: they look way better, hehe!

I own an Emac 1ghz

just installed tiger ! amazing upgrades!

Maybe someone can help me!? I just can't figure out how to burn dreamcast backups on the mac! :damn:

I've burned quite a few DC discs using cdrecord and mkisofs under Linux. Should work fine under Mac OS as well.

Here's the link with instructions:

http://mc.pp.se/dc/cdr.html

I've been able to use this technique to burn CDI images as well, first extracting the tracks with CDIrip.

If there's one single problem I have with my Mac, it's that DC Homebw stuff is a bitch to burn. I always forget the mkisofs commands (Locke is a Terminal fanatic, so he always reminds me).

I have a iBook g3 933MHz. I do all my server admin and deving on it, I don't think I'll ever go back to windows for anything like that. I only use my windows machine for occasional gaming (not often) and the bigger monitor. When I upgrade my work machine I'm hoping to get a new dual G5 :).

:)

I'm a mac guy. I have been since we got our first computer in 90-91, an LCII. Since then we've had a bunch of macs and no peecees yet (so far we've had: LCII, Performa 638CD, 6200, PowerBook G3/G4, iBook G4 12/14, PowerMac 8500/9600/G4/G5).

So I've been around Macs all my life and know them inside and out. Any questions and I should be able to answer them. ;)

i own a mac. know a lot of people with macs. they all hate me because i run windows on my mac (virtual pc). i even replaced the startup chime with a dos beep.

--rid

Originally posted by rid@Fri, 2005-05-06 @ 06:51 PM

i own a mac. know a lot of people with macs. they all hate me because i run windows on my mac (virtual pc). i even replaced the startup chime with a dos beep.

--rid

[post=133691]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not horrible....it's scary :eek:mg:

Why you'd do that I have no clue...but anyway.

I've always had Macs, grown on 'em. AT I have (I'm not gonna go all specs. cos well...I dunno them!)

eMac G3 and an iBook G4. Oh and soon to collect another iBook.

One thing it's done to me is that I hate Microsoft...in almost every way :) one reason why I don't like Xbox all that much...

Did you know that the Xbox development (bits involving computers anyway) is all done on Macs? Ironic...

Back