Does anybody collect arcade stuff?

The cabinet itself was $300 ($300 to ship. Ouch! Really wish my friend would've helped me pick it up with his truck.) Everything else was free (the marquee was donated by a buddy of mine, I already had a Dreamcast, 4 extension cords, controller for the VMU slot and the "now featuring" marquee was made out of a standard jewel case.) The only other thing I needed to do was build a converter so I can hook the Dreamcast up to it. See pics.

DC_model.jpg

VMU.jpg

VMU_insert.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/jamma_converter/

Originally posted by E:Bear@Mar 3, 2003 @ 05:54 PM

The cabinet itself was $300 ($300 to ship. Ouch! *snip*)

I can sympathise.

With the last cabinet I bought, the shipping was more than the cabinet itself.
blink.gif

the shipping is why i always never get one -- and keep thinking i will build one from scratch -- there is a place near me where i can pick up cabinets but they are all damaged one way or another - the good ones they keep and sell as whole units - for astronomical prices

HEY! i found this on ebay someone may be interested not the super gun id perfer but still alows you to play jamma boards

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...87&category=575

I really want a cabinet
sad.gif
Put Radiant Silvergun on it some Metal Slug games, KOF series, Samurai Shodown, awwwww.

By the way that has got to be the coolest damn Arcade cabinet alive!

A dreamcast cabinet, the best thing about it is the extension cables/ports for controllers such as a DDR pad or fishing rod. Awesome stuff man
cool.gif

the sega cabinets are the cheapest ive seen

some one probbaly knows what im talking about - they are these white plastic cabinets (says sega on it) and the controls are low as if made for sit down playing - ive seen these sell for 300$ --- looks sort of like the one a few posts up but a liitle diferent - i think the description of it is fully customisable sega cabinet

they are suposed to be easy to switch back and forth between the set up you want to play (like easy to pop in a neogeo mvs- and then swap for a sega board) - and extra buttons are suposed to be easy too

for modern cabinets these are the absolute cheapest ive seen

i almost got one of these but i realy didnt like the look and i coulndt get a discount for that

damn ebear that cabinet is fucking cool u deserve a medal hehe nice work dude

humm am i alloiwed to sware here lol oh well !!

I love the old stand-up cabinets... here's my advice for setting up a home arcade.

I have a Joust with a Genesis (CD, 32x, mgh) and 7800 inside (they can use the same controllers so I have a genesis controller soldered inside with 3 buttons, 2 extras for each side, for the gen games). And the moniter was replaced with a same size 19 inch tv.

I have in the past added Saturn and Dreamcast games, but the loading screens bug me. They make it so obvious that it is a home system trying to pass for a coin op. "now loading" Where as the Genesis games seem very realistic.

The 8 and 16 bit games are more arcade quality. Here are my favs:

--------

Joust- because the cab is a joust

Robotron

Genesis

---------

Gunstar Heros

Space Invaders 91

RC Pro Am

Puyo Puyo 2 - most underrated game ever!

Musha

Pong

Ghouls N Ghosts

Doraemon

Ms Pac man

Rolling THunder 2

Flicky

Dashing Desperadoes

Rainbow Islands

CD

-----

Final Fight

Android Assault

Sol Feace

Silpheed

32x

------

star wars

Space Harrier

All of these games have great demo screens and appear convincing as an arcade (vs home system) game.

Most people don't even realize that there's a home system inside. I strongly suggest this to those of you who want a cheap and easy to do mod of an arcade. It's not like the fancy sit down modern units but it is very classic.

Does anyone know of any other games with good demo screens?

I forgot to mention that it has built in rumble underneath the control panel and because the control panel is aluminum (not wood) it rumbles really well. With the Dreamcast the "Street Fighter" games have zero load time so it works great.

Originally posted by googlefest1@Mar 4, 2003 @ 05:20 AM

the sega cabinets are the cheapest ive seen

some one probbaly knows what im talking about - they are these white plastic cabinets (says sega on it) and the controls are low as if made for sit down playing - ive seen these sell for 300$ --- looks sort of like the one a few posts up but a liitle diferent - i think the description of it is fully customisable sega cabinet

Are you talking about an Aero City

07aerocity26.jpg

an Astro City

07astrocity.jpg

or is it something different again?

There are more pics here.

they also do look similar the diferance was that the speakers were biger and had sorft of a cheapo sound system look to them -- the aero city sort of looks like it - cant exactly tell from the pics but the one im talking about had 4 butons with each joy stick and had space to add 2 more -- it had no marquees except a sega logo --- the guy selling them said they were strait from the factory -- they had everything except a game board

Back