does anybody remember this system?

I guess Its a Lasder disc player that you can plug in a turbo/trurbo cd player or sega/megadrive/cdplayer into and play the games on it .

Each sega/turbo attachment also have special laserdisc sized games it plays .

Also 3d glasses for it

I remember this. The laser disk player was very expensive also. It was a short lived concept. Why would you pay that much for the laser disk player that could play sega cd games when is purchased seperately they cost like half as much (the laser disc player and the sega cd system) Hard to find though and of interest mainly to collectors.

xavier,

I remember this system as well. It first came out when I was in High school and I balked at it the first time it came out since it was sooo expensive. There were games that were on laserdisc that needed the sega cd adapter or turbo adapter.

This system has a cult following....One of the rarest games for that one is Time Gal because it came out near the end of the system. They had a lot more Japanese support than the US version did. They had mostly adult games from Japan and some not so stellar laser disc games but I would collect it if you are into laserdisc game (which I am into) and have some money to burn.

Ebay japan has more of this stuff.

Here's a link for a yahoo group on this system:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pioneerlaseractivestation/

They know the system in and out.

Hope this helps.

Kyosuke75

god most of you make me sick!! The Pioneer LA Still IS the best system ever made to date!! I made TONS of videos for all the SegaXtreme guys to see how fu@kin awesome this system is and noone wants to see it?????? Talk about crazy!! DVD Doesnt even come close to the real thing LD. Check out Mad Dog McCree on the PS2 and see what I mean , it takes like 2 seconds for a person to fall down after being shot!!

Plus the pad moves in squares.....Gotta play to know what I mean , and NO GUN SUPPORT!! AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh LaserDisc games are sooo much better and nobody even knows.....how sad!! I STILL have a TON of nice videos of the Pioneer LA with some Sega LD games, IF anyone wants to see them let me know I will put them up for download.....My Favorite game so far is Road Prosecuter...aka Road Avenger on LD....My god what a game!! and JB Harrold Matthattan Requeim for the SegaLD only cost me a cool $378 bucks!! Xbox wont even ever come close to that quality, not even with its tiny little addon DVD crap upgrade. hehehehe

I guess until you have a top o the line system or LD player youlll never know.....And before anyone bitches about the DVD stuff, I have Both LD and DVD 4 of each, and every time I get the LD and DVD of the same movie, my DVD ends up givin away to friends because I PISS on thier sound Quality.... Oh well to each his own.... later...and sorry if I offended anyone who aint got the $$ for the REAL thing, Just be happy with your MPEG2 compressed DVD stuff. It does come kinda close to LD. hahahahahaha

EDIT!!! I Meant JB Harold BLUE Chicago Blues NOT Manhattan Requeim, allthough I have both, Manhattan Requeim is TONS cheaper since it ONLY works with the NEC PAC and that really hard to get...my bad...

(Edited by FAKK2 at 2:46 pm on Mar. 4, 2002)

I guess until you have a top o the line system or LD player youlll never know

What I know is that if a format that stores video in composite format can be called "top of the line", something is horribly wrong somewhere...

...before anyone bitches about the DVD stuff, I have Both LD and DVD 4 of each, and every time I get the LD and DVD of the same movie, my DVD ends up givin away to friends because I PISS on thier sound Quality.... [/qoute]

Both are digital sound, and I've seen DD/DTS titles for both platforms.

Just be happy with your MPEG2 compressed DVD stuff. It does come kinda close to LD. hahahahahaha

I have an old Pioneer and a slew of Laser Discs, also 3 DVD players with about 50 titles.

The analog video has some nice warmth to it, but part of the reason I don't like them as opposed to DVDs is so many titles are not telecined (much less cleaned up) from the master. I have several LDs that still have the film markers, and lots of jitter in the frames. So it's like watching a film in a shitty theatre.

They started to pull this crap with the early generation DVDs (anybody have the original Highlander DVD? ugh...), thankfully most of the film distributors have quit this cheap practice.

Anothe thing, I never cared much for a 2 disc movie on LD (who wants to flip and reinsert discs 4x?). There's a few DVD "flippers" but I stay away from them.

I don't use the Pioneer anymore. I plan on seeking out the Dragon's Lair LD and running it with the player and Daphne, and that'll be the last use I'll have for it.

Nicer ld player you dont have to flip

some even hold both disc

Space ace and dragons liar are both on dvd andextremely clean , play with the remote

But i think laserdisc are cool in general

oh yeah and dvd is a slightly better quality than laserdisc +its smaller and has tons more features .

From all the pictures ive seen so far id say the graphics arnt even as good as a saturn playstation or 3do . N the components and games are to expensive

Back