Does the saturn modchip work on PAL/UK saturns?

I don't have direct experience, but AFAIK there's no regional difference in the stuff that those chips modify.

I would recommend getting one from http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

It is compatible to all regions but not to all models. Maybe you know that there are model 1 and model 2 saturns.

I tried different models and it was important that the cd drive has a 32pin chip. There are people who made a modchip work on model 1 consoles with 64pin chip. But it is a lot of hassle with including cutting traces and soldering cables on the modchip itself. Without experience you can damage the chip.

The chip from your link is more fragile than the v2 chip from consolegoods according to my experience.

Nevertheless i only got both chips only to work on PAL consoles with round buttons that have a serial number starting with 169....others did not work for me. It really depends on the cd drive. You can use the compatible cd drive in another console an the modchip will still work!

antorino said:
I would recommend getting one from http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

It is compatible to all regions but not to all models. Maybe you know that there are model 1 and model 2 saturns.

I tried different models and it was important that the cd drive has a 32pin chip. There are people who made a modchip work on model 1 consoles with 64pin chip. But it is a lot of hassle with including cutting traces and soldering cables on the modchip itself. Without experience you can damage the chip.

The chip from your link is more fragile than the v2 chip from consolegoods according to my experience.

Nevertheless i only got both chips only to work on PAL consoles with round buttons that have a serial number starting with 169....others did not work for me. It really depends on the cd drive. You can use the compatible cd drive in another console an the modchip will still work!

This. I also put a consolegoods modchip in my model 2 Saturn. I've had no troubles at all with it. Their guide for installing the modchip was also very nice!

Back