Dolby Surround

No, no, that's not what I meant.

I got sick of the game after 30 min, but I played for 4 hours.

I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't.

Yay. 200.

(Edited by FLEABttn at 3:14 pm on Feb. 26, 2002)

Two things, nothing of importance

1) a game shouldn't have to "get better", it should be good from power on (my opinion)

2) in reality Dolby Surround isn't much more than inverting one channel of a stereo image and producing a slight delay.

Oh, and maybe I'm the only one who thinks so, but a game (and most movies) does not need 5.1 Dolby Digital, ever. Anyone else agree? There is a time when technology can trip all over itself. What happened to "necessity is the mother of invention"?

hehe i agree, only because i dont own $230498203498 sound system with mega super ultra speakers. yes, music is an important part of the game, but i dont think i personally need 1000 speakers with sound coming from 3249834 directions

Yeah, but it is nice... I remember the first time playing shockwave for 3DO when I brought it to my friends house and played in dolby surround, hehe, we almost blew his dads cerwin/vega (spelled right?) floor speakers.

Quote: from RadSil on 9:20 pm on Feb. 27, 2002

Two things, nothing of importance

1) a game shouldn't have to "get better", it should be good from power on (my opinion)

2) in reality Dolby Surround isn't much more than inverting one channel of a stereo image and producing a slight delay.

Oh, and maybe I'm the only one who thinks so, but a game (and most movies) does not need 5.1 Dolby Digital, ever. Anyone else agree? There is a time when technology can trip all over itself. What happened to "necessity is the mother of invention"?

For me, Halo startts out great and becomes awesome! I guess it this is just a case of not being able to please all f the people all of the time. :)

As for 5.1, I TOTALLY disagree...the game is given an added depth that, before now, I never experienced. Halo in 5.1 truly is an experience to behold...on HDTV all the better. :)

I generally hate all FPS titles, PC or console.

But I love Halo, the controls are more intuitive and responsive than I'd ever expect them to be for an FPS on a gamepad, the graphics are great, the sound is great, the load times are non-existant.

Plus driving around in the jeep with a buddy in the passenger seat and one on the turret is fun as ####.

Oh well, to each their own..

And, (on topic), once you've heard DTS done right you'd never want to hear anything else. (or 'positional' audio in general)

Its like the difference between mono and stereo.. or AM and FM radio..

Back