domain registration

I'm thinking of registering my own domain name so I can create multiple email accounts. I'm looking to have multiple accounts forward to one main account to help avoid getting spam (you know, delete the accounts that get around, that kinda thing). I don't need anything but the ability to create, delete, and forward email--no file hosting etc. Where would I go to do this? Is there a specific name for the service I'm looking for? And last, how much should I expect to pay for this service?

Thanks for any info!

How the heck does one register a domain in the first place???

This seems to be the internet's best kept secret! People are registering names left and right and selling them, but I have no clue how they do it in the first place. I registered mine through YAHOO and I am stuck paying them like 15 bucks a month for the rest of my life!

How do people (and Yahoo) register a domain? Can a domain name be reserved for "free" without renting it from someone else?

Well their email only allows what looks like up to five addresses. Specifically what I'm looking for is to create an email for almost every place I go. That is, if I sign up for something at domainname.com, I'd name my email domainname@mynewemail.com and have it forward to one main account. That way I can track where spammers are getting my email address from by the one they send it to. So I'd need more than 5 email addresses. I don't need a whole ton of storage space, but I do need the ability to pretty much create as many email addresses I want with my domain name. I'm not against spending money, I was just looking for a ball park figure so I don't get ripped off.

Quadriflax said:
I'm thinking of registering my own domain name so I can create multiple email accounts. I'm looking to have multiple accounts forward to one main account to help avoid getting spam (you know, delete the accounts that get around, that kinda thing). I don't need anything but the ability to create, delete, and forward email--no file hosting etc. Where would I go to do this? Is there a specific name for the service I'm looking for? And last, how much should I expect to pay for this service?

Thanks for any info!

If you want to register your own domain name,then i would recommend 9cubehosting.com .Here they provide domain registration service at reasonable cost.They also provide unlimited Email Accounts,unlimited FTP Accounts,Unlimited Monthly Traffic,24/7 customer support etc...This is reliable and secure.

Quadriflax said:

Thanks for any info!

If you want to register your own domain name,then i would recommend 9cubehosting.com .Here they provide domain registration service at reasonable cost.They also provide unlimited Email Accounts,unlimited FTP Accounts,Unlimited Monthly Traffic,24/7 customer support etc...This is reliable and secure.

Back