Don't you just hate retailer's PSP sale schemes?

I don't know about anybody else, but I've become increasingly frustrated with pricing schemes by retailers that don't allow the consumer to purchase stand alone PSP units.

Instead of a stand-alone unit, the PSP will only be offered in a 'Value Pack', with a variety of accessories (ranging from usefull to useless) and a movie I already own, at a cost of $250. But that's the low end of the cost. Most retailers are taking it a step further by not even allowing you to buy the stand-alone 'Value Pack'. If you wish to buy from Gamestop or EBWorld your going to minimally shell out $400 for 3 launch titles (none of which are particularly exciting) and the PSP. I've seen other online retailers offer the 'Value Pack' alone, but the fine-print for a large portion of them indicates that many are unwilling to commit to the promise that they can get you the PSP upon release without waiting on backorder.

Now, I know some of you are going to say 'Well then just wait and quit your bitching. There will be stand-alone at under $200 soon'. And you know what, your right. But I'm only stating that I wish the retailers would give the consumer more options, instead of forcing them to buy add-ons that they may not need or want. If Sony doesn't get the blockbuster PSP launch that they want, they can blame themselves and retailers for allowing themselves to tack so much stuff on that it simply wasn't affordable.

As an added note, Sony doesn't apparently have any plans to launch a stand-alone PSP till the holidays (unless sales a slower than expected).

Retailers did that to us with the slimline Playstation2 (PsTwo) in the UK this christmas.

Hence why I don't have one and plan not to until I find it at a ridicoulously low price.#

They lost a buyer.

Back