Double Dragon

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
2006-02-19 to 2006-02-25; Sega Master System

Double Dragon™

It's two player Double Dragon for your Sega System, just like the arcade game!

In a city destroyed by war and crime, you count on each other to survive! You are Billy and Jimmy Lee, the twins they call the Spike and the Hammer. When it comes to martial arts, you're both street lethal. Leaping kicks. Knee smashes. Judo throws. You are the masters.

Now get ready for the biggest battle of all. The Black Warriors, meanest gang in the city, has kidnapped Jimmy's girlfriend Mary Ann. She's the bait they're using to lure you onto their turf. You're going to get her back...and take care of the Black Warriors' gang once and for all!

It's going to take every fighting skill you have. And if you make it to the headquarters of the Black Warriors, you'll face the greatest surprise of all, the leader of the gang!

PERIPHERALS: Sega® Control Pad™

or Control Stick™

PLAYERS: 1 or 2 players Cooperatively

Sega Customer Service. 573 Forbes Blvd., South San Francisco, CA 94080

(800) U.S.A.-S.E.G.A.

Distributed by Tonka Corp.

Minnetonka, MN 55343

©1988 Tonka Corp. All Rights Reserved.

DOUBLE DRAGON is a licensed trademark of TECHNOS JAPAN CORP.

© TECHNOS JAPAN CORP. 1988, Reprogrammed Game © SEGA 1988.

CONTROL PAD and CONTROL STICK are trademarks of Sega Of America, Inc.

SEGA is a trademark of Sega Enterprises, Ltd., a CSK Group Company.

Part #459677 MADE IN JAPAN

Attachments

• Double_Dragon_USA.JPG
    Double_Dragon_USA.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Double_Dragon_EUR.JPG
    Double_Dragon_EUR.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Double_Dragon_GameTitle.GIF
    Double_Dragon_GameTitle.GIF
    8 KB · Views: 183
Oh yeah! This game sure beats the crap out of the NES version. The Mark III version sounds awesome with FM sound, too. Probably my favorite home version of the game (I have the NES, SMS, and Genesis ones). The Genesis version has better graphics and sounds obviously, but the SMS version plays better. It's too bad the Double Dragon series went so far downhill over the years -- the second one was good but after that it pretty much went to crap. DD3 NES is pretty good, and Super Double Dragon, the GBA version of the original, and Rage of the Dragons are all good, but those three are all rehashes or unofficial.

this game was easily one of my fav's on the master system, toping it off, it was free if you bought, If I remember right, two games, or maybe 3, I forget, but I remember a mail in dealy- for it, but what a GREAT port... omfg.... this game still rocks.....

While the game was pretty good for its time lets not think about the Double Dragon movie for too long or the reputation of all double dragon games will fall.

Yeah, it's a great port. Sega's programmers generally kicked ass at porting arcade games. They even did Strider Hiryu for SMS, although that didn't turn out as well (understandable, considering ROM and sprite constraints compared with CPS). Who did the Genesis port? For some reason I want to say it was Data East, but I'm not sure.

edit: rumors on The Internets say it was Accolade (of Sega v. Accolade fame).

I thought Sega did that one too? They did the other early Capcom conversions (GnG, Mercs).

Back