Double Dragon

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO STAND IN LINE TO PLAY DOUBLE DRAGON AGAIN!

Double Dragon is the story of Billy and Jimmy Lee, twin brothers who learned to fight on the cold, tough streets of the city. Their expert knowledge of the martial arts, combined with their street-smarts, has made them both formidable fighting machines.

But now Billy is faced with his greatest challenge. His girlfriend, Marian, has been kidnapped by the Black Warriors, the savage street gang of the mysterious Shadow Boss! Using whatever weapons come to hand—knives, whips, bats, rocks, oil drums, even dynamite—Billy must pursue the gang through the slums, factories, and wooded outskirts of the city to reach the hideout for his final confrontation with the Shadow Boss... his brother Jimmy!
Front Cover
Back Cover
Cartridge

In the tradition of a lot of great NES games, this fails miserably as a port of the arcade game, but is a lot of fun anyway.

/me lights and throws a dynamite at ExCyber

wow.gif
:lol:

I absolutely love DD1 and DD2 for NES (DD3 is mediocre). It's a great "f*ck you" to the laughable difficulty in games thesedays. :aaevil:

Yeah... games are just too damn easy these days >.<. It's like, as long as you got a strategy guide you can beat it w/o breaking a sweat. But back then, even if you knew what to do, you still had to bust your ass for it.

Anyway, Double Dragon was one of the bigger frustrations of my early childhood... i could never figure out how to complete level 3 >.< (now i know, btw)

EDIT: I nominate Ninja Gaiden (the old one, not the xbox one) for next month's Game of the Month.

Yeah... i didn't even know about this site til just a year ago >.<

Oh well, at least it was the game of the month at some point, cuz it just kicks ass!

Double Dragon one was great, II was alright, III had a great soundtrack and a darker storyline, Super Double Dragon was excellent as well--I look forward to Tradewest being resurrected in bringing back a great 2-D double dragon again, spiffed-up like Symphony of the Night was for Castlevania IV/Dracula X...and, I can't forget Streets of Rage II, what a bloody awesome game.

\m/

Back