Dracula X PCM Reader

Been searching the net for awhile and screwing around with various audio programs to try and get the Dracula X programs to read properly. Stumbled on this board and found a lot of people here have been scratching their heads over this for awhile too.

However, I did find one site with a Winamp plugin that will run all the Dracula X music files properly (or as close as I can tell to properly...): Foo_OkiadPCM! Here is the direct link to the zip file:

http://foobar.s53.xrea.com/fbwiki/index.ph...oo_okiadpcm.zip

And here is the page it was referenced from:

http://www.vorc.org/en/cgi/log_reader.cgi?...eyword=&line=80

Apparently, this plugin will also run other VGM file types, but I haven't tested it with them.

The plugin plays the audio files at 352kbps, 44khz stereo - EXCEPT for the voice files, which run at 16kbps, 15khz mono, and are all screwed up.

The voice files aren't read properly and so come out all staticky like if you tried opening the PCMs using another plugin. The very last PCM file is unfortunately also screwed up - it is about 55 minutes of what sounds like interviews and other voice acting, but it runs REAL slow. ZERO distortion though, but I can't seem to figure out how to speed the track up.

The music sounds for the most part ok...though the emulation may not be 100% (check out SD2A, a Bloody Tears remix, and compare it with the corresponding file on the Castlevania Dungeon - http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.c...dia/sotncd.html ) Still, it's better than what we had before :p

Fortunately, the source file is included with the file, so you can play around with it if you know how to edit Winamp plugins. Hopefully somebody will figure out how to fix the other files and get better emulation.

Anyway, this file has apparently been out since May, so I wouldn't be surprised if people here haven't heard of it yet. Still, it wasn't mentioned on the board and I figure there are still quite a few people around who still want to play these, so I figured I'd bring it up.

Originally posted by G. Borisz@Sun, 2005-12-18 @ 09:55 AM

Nope, haven't heard about it, but that japanese site has some plugins that looks pretty fun.

Foobar r0x.

[post=142626]Quoted post[/post]​

A bit OT, but I've been looking for an encoder for Oki ADPCM data. Which I think is identical to the standardized ADPCM format Intel uses, so I'm thinking there should be tools for it.

The problem is I need something that supports variable output sample rates, because the target hardware has an Oki ADPCM chip hooked up to a clock with a programmable divider - not something that is normally used. I believe the chip can even be run out-of-spec like this.

Originally posted by cgfm2@Sun, 2005-12-18 @ 06:23 PM

A bit OT, but I've been looking for an encoder for Oki ADPCM data. Which I think is identical to the standardized ADPCM format Intel uses, so I'm thinking there should be tools for it.

The problem is I need something that supports variable output sample rates, because the target hardware has an Oki ADPCM chip hooked up to a clock with a programmable divider - not something that is normally used. I believe the chip can even be run out-of-spec like this.

[post=142635]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I'm still trying to screw around with the players they have to see if I can get them to play at different settings. I'd really like to get the voice tracks to run properly (actually, if you have a wav editor that can change pitch settings, you can get the final track with all the voice files to about 35 minutes, where it has the correct speed - I don't think it should be in mono though).

Back