Dragon Quest VIII PS2

Any one here try out the new dragon quest game on the PS2 yet? I used to be heavily into the series on the NES and was wondering how good/bad it is and how it compared to the NES ones (besides graphics).

I haven't played it, but supposedly it's pretty good if you care for pure old-school jrpgs... the feel of the NES games is supposed to be intact (atlhough updated somewhat, obviously). Not my cup of tea really, so I dunno.

If by the feel of the NES games, you mean absolutely horrifically slow combat (you can't skip the over-long animations) and the retardedly laid out dungeons, you'd be right. DQ8 was supposed to be a revolution, yet all it exudes is a thick syrup of revulsion.

I haven't played it much, but it could be good. It has a nice old school feel to it, light, fanciful, and the voice acting is quite nice. Give it a try.

I definately like the old skool rpgs. Dragon warrior was the game that got me hooked on RPGs. Before that, I also played a bit of tunnels of doom, ultima exodus, and a lot of the ad&d series (pool of radiance, death knights of krynn, dark queen of krynn, etc)

damn how they've messed up the ultima series.

Back