Dreamcast multplayer fps games

I just wondered what FPS games there are on the DC than can be played in spltscreen multiplayer.

These are the ones I got :

Quake III : Perfect conversion, looks amazing. Even today it impresses my most stubborn friends and it is darn fun to play.

Outrigger : Another great game. Also extremely fun and well made, which is to expect from AM2.

Unreal Tournament : Kinda dissapointed me. This port is pretty sloppy. Extremely slow with more than two players splitscreen. Works fine in single and two player though. Where is the assault mode?

Red Dog : Its more fps than vehicle shoot-em-up sp I list it here. Wonderful game, loads of neat multiplayer modes and levels. This one is a must at any game-night.

Other ones I know of :

Rainbow Six : Rouge Squadron : Haven't played it for DC but I have heard that it should be good and that it has a multi-player mode.

Fur Fighters : Know nothing about it. Not even shure if it is an FPS. Could someone tell me something about it?

Alien Front Online : Is an amazing game, or was, since it can't be played online anymore and that took most of the fun out of it. Aint got splitscreen modes either AFAIK... :(

What I wonder most is, are there any other FPS games with multiplayer for the DC? Lets make a complete list!

Well hmm... I think someone may be working on splitscreen for one of the Doom ports. Not sure about that one, though.

Fur Fighters is not a very good game, IMHO, although some people seem to have liked it. Can't recall if it has mutiplayer or not.

Also, it's not for the DC, but Serious Sam is out for the Cube now and the co-op is extremely fun.

well you listed the only ones I know of.

and the ones you own are the only ones I like.

Alien Front Online is pretty good too though.

There's always Half Life and Propeller Arena if you want to count those.

And there's the homebrew Quakes, but I'm not sure if it has mulitplayer

Fur Fighters is multiplayer upto 4 players, It's ok in multiplayer, quite hard in single player, the only worth thing in fur fighters for me is when i saw a small games store in one of the levels. The had posters in the store taking the fun out of other Dreamcast games, like "shenmoo" & "metropolis sheep racer".

Hlaf-Life is good, but as mentioned, it has no multiplayer. I got Propeller Arena to, and it sgood, but not really an FPS game. I found another one though :

Slave Zero : Huge robots fighting. Quite ok if you give it some time. Has a functioning multiplayer mode but its not very fun.

None of the homebrew Quakes has multiplayer yet, but they might get. Would be neat since there are many mods for them.

How about "Heval Metal Geomatrix?" It looks a bit like Outrigger... but more like VIrtual On.

Soldier of Fortune aint got multi?

Hey, thats interesting! I didnt knew about that Spawn-game at all. Might check it out. Perhaps there are more less-known games of this type for the DC.

Bah! The spawn game is much better than that Heavy metal game. I have both. The heavy metal game is a clone of the spawn one. Same people made it too. Spawn one is fun but it is kinda easy. If you don't like spawn though you probobly wont like this game. If you like spawn however, you might love it, as i did. It is btw way better than that crap spawn game they realeased a few months ago.

IMO..

Red Dog: Loads of fun. I just unlocked the final multiplayer level!

Fur fighters: Good game in 1p , not so much fun in multiplayer.

Heavy Metal geomatrix: Bo-ring.

Toy Commander: Lots of fun, excellent multiplayer mode.

Slave zero: Pityful multipayer levels, very boring gameplay.

And then there's Vigilante 8, haven't played it myself, but maybe someone here has?

heavy metal is fun, I enjoyed it a lot. Not the best game, but somethin a lil new and fresh. plus the music rocks in it, hehe.

I think Spawn is an awesome game. My cousin and I had tons of fun for about 3 months trying to unlock everything, not to mention the countless multi player death matches we had.

Heavy Metal is very similar but not as good as Spawn in my opinion.

Back