Dreamcast printer

Myname

Established Member
Check it out. Never seen one before.. Pity it's not a viable alternative to a PC printer or else I'd buy it in a shot. Anyone have any info on this? The seller seems to think you can use it with every console under the sun, which seems unlikely at best.

Hmmm...sounds a little odd to me. I've never heard of a Dreamcast printer before; can't imagine what you'd use it for. Perhaps it simply connects between console and TV and captures whatever is on screen at the time... ???

Ah ha! Bingo! Stop yer grinnin' and drop yer linen!
tongue.gif

Google is your friend -> Prifun is the name and I guessed correctly, it just takes a composite video input and captures the screen.

This kid at my school, he had a jap DC before it was even released in Japan, he had like beta games and such. His dad was working on that Zip drive thing. Anyone know what happened to it?

Originally posted by BJammzz@Jan. 07 2003, 12:03 pm

This kid at my school, he had a jap DC before it was even released in Japan, he had like beta games and such. His dad was working on that Zip drive thing. Anyone know what happened to it?

they figured since it would cost as much as the system itself, they didn't think too many people would buy it, so they never produced it.

Umm you guys haven't seen this before? Prifun has been around for a while... You are all supposed to be hardcore gamers and developers ???

I agree, thats way old news! Those things were in stores a long time ago (Since the start of the SS). You can even get the Freeze pak for pausing video and taking still images clearly. But those units never sold well. In fact I saw some in Chinese stores that still have leftovers because no one was intrested in them. The BIG problem is that you can only print about 40 pictures before you need a new pack. Which is dumb since where the hell are you going to find new packs for your non standard printer!?!?! 40 Pictures!? Thats such a rip off.

Ooh, I'm really sorry for not knowing this like, aaaaaaages ago. Sorry for being 'soooo 1998' and not 'hardcore' enough.

Jesus H. Christ..

hehe, myname is gunna rot in hell! I didn't know either so dont feel bad. If I ever see that kid again, I am gunna ask him if he has one of those zip things, or any cool BETA games. I bet he would part w/ them for the right price
smile.gif
. Didn't those zip drives save games and such? No more VMUs for me.....

They used to be sold in the back of EGM magazine with other import/strange stuff... weren't they like a 100 bucks then?

Yea I forgot about that they had those in the import flier in gaming mags... Certain mags like EGM had a one to two page flier with a company that had import games and some anime, wallscrolls, and soundtracks... The Printer was right next to the saturn stuff... I still have one of the fliers with a pic of the PriFun around here somewhere...

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jan. 08 2003, 4:05 pm

Yea I forgot about that they had those in the import flier in gaming mags...

Oh...you forgot... I thought you were some kind of hardcore gamer or developer.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Curtis+Jan. 07 2003, 10:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis @ Jan. 07 2003, 10:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Jaded God@Jan. 08 2003, 4:05 pm

Yea I forgot about that they had those in the import flier in gaming mags...

Oh...you forgot... I thought you were some kind of hardcore gamer or developer.
tongue.gif
[/b][/quote]

Ummm Curtis I am the one remembering and telling about the PriFun... I forgot that EGM and others had those also on sale on those import fliers... That isn't saying I don't know what it is like these others said.

Back