Duke Nukem Forever News!

How long has this game been in production?

I remememer an old site back in 1999 that it was going to be run on various cards including Voodoo II & TNT.

It has been in production for a long time, and it will still probably remain like that... forever.

Okay, that sucked.

But I have a strong feeling that, if it ever gets released, it'll be a shitty piece of flawed hypeware, like Daikatana was.

Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).

f-effbf1b13d49327d77eece9a77153bbe.jpg

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?p=629239&posted=1#post629239

The forum seems too busy now, but there was an update :

Re: Teaser Video Coming 12/19/07, Noon CST

Quote:

--

Originally Posted by vivftp View Post

George, I may have missed you saying this earlier, but have you commented on whether this teaser is in-game or not?

-- Aside from the intro and ending titles, and 2-3 Final Cut white flashes to accentuate music beats, the teaser is 100% captured from in game via Fraps.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by George Broussard : Today at 01:25 AM

and :

Here is an update that George Broussard made online this evening:
Guys just to manage expectations... This is a teaser. It's not a full blown trailer like the 2001 trailer (but something like that is coming). I tried to be clear about that in the message board post, so just bear in mind that it's a teaser
smile.gif

Enjoy.​

This is getting interesting :)

I don't think this game got the hype that Daikatana did... well, at the very least, it got hyped and then 3drealms wisely shut the hell up about it once it was clear that they weren't going to meet expectations again.

The video looks good. As long as it has the fun factor of the original Duke Nukem 3D, I'm all for it. Then again, I haven't been waiting on edge for a sequel, either.

I see shades of Daikatana. A game everyone was anticipating for many years. Whenever it finally is released, it will be a terrible game.

Back