E3 Coverage

Even though Nintendo owns them and will make sequals, Rare is the one who made the game awsome. Time will tell if Nintendo can replicate that greatness

You've got it backwards - Rare had to replicate Nintendo's greatness. There's scarcely ever been any question about EAD's ability to put together a solid sidescrolling platform game with likable characters.

Nintendo still lost them, they didn't discard them. There's a difference.

Nintendo sold their stake to an eager buyer. The difference between that and "discarding" Rare (i.e. seeking a seller) is that Nintendo got a crapload more money than they likely would have gotten if they had shopped it around for buyers. Nintendo made a business decision, and history has shown that Nintendo is very good at business decisions, even when such decisons baffle their customers and run counter to popular industry convention.

They still have the capability and talent to produce good titles, and may well do that in the future - for Microsoft. So I wouldn't rip into them just because they aren't Nintendo's now.

Yeah, a lot of people get caught up in the console wars for no good reason. It gets ugly.

I ripped into em cuz they suck. Every piece of talent has left the company. All the ppl who made Goldeneye, PD, Banjo=Kazooie, etc. are gone. They have sum great licenses to work with, but I dount they will do much with them. They seem to be a bunch of slacker-asses as of the last 3-4 years. Hopefully that'll change (looking forward to the new conker...hope it rocks) but I dount it will.

And to back up ExCyber (like he needs it, haha) Nintendo did sell their shares of Rare, they didn't lose them.

See, the only part that really bugs me is that if Nintendo still had Rare, you wouldn't be so aggressive in bashing them. Get it? Maybe not. Can't see for forest for all the damn trees!

haha, no. I hated SFA w/ a passion and thought DK64 sucked a fatty as well. I am also a HUGE Star Fox fan...and I still bash it. Your assumptions of fanboyism are incorrect sir.

I hope Rare goes back to making games like they did on Nintendo 64. Conker Live and Reloaded holds some promise. But how can they still exist if they only make games every two years or so?

Back