E3 sucked!

Though I didn't attend, it sounds like it was pretty much a let down. The ony real big news was the PSP or whatever Sony is calling it. Sony's price cut was a joke. I was glad to see the in game video of Half Life 2.

Well I got to see some cool screenshots for both the new Sam & Max game and the new Full Throttle game. That and the $20 cut on the Xbox. Not enough to make me run out and get one, but better than nothing. But without a confirmation of the development of Shenmue III, it was a let down.

I enjoyed Halo 2 footage and Metal Gear, I believe it was still enjoyable. Maybe a tad less than what I was hoping for because there usually is something that blows people away at E3.

There weren't many surprises. Most lineups were leaked before the show even started and that totally killed it. I don't even know half of what happened anyway because most of the sites that have really good coverage aren't free.

By the way, did they show Mario 128? I haven't seen any news about it...
sad.gif

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@May 17, 2003 @ 10:19 PM

sad.gif

True I forgot about that.

Although I could care less about any 3D Mario game
smile.gif

no really

I don't like 3D platformers.

I'll play a 3D Sonic just because it's Sonic

just a gaming preference.

unless Nintendo comes up with something unimaginable

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@May 17, 2003 @ 11:19 PM

sad.gif

I saw that mario 128 thing, but what the hell was it? I dont think it was a game. Was it just a demo to show what the gamecube can do or... what?

Mario 128 was just a demo to show off the GC hardware. They put 128 Marios on screen and had em run around, nothing more, nothing less.

Well that's what it was. A couple of months back Miyamoto said he was working on a new Mario game that would be drastically different from Mario 64 and Sunshine, they were calling it Mario 128, probably just as a work-in-progress title.

they already confirmed that there will be atleast 1 more new mario title on the gc before the next system is out

Not much new stuff to say here but,

Originally posted by Game Informer@vol.118 @ Feb. 2003

Interestingly, this title was once little more than a technology demo for the GameCube. When the platform was first debuted at Nintendo's Space World 2000, Mario 128 showed just as many iterations of the plumber onscreen - each at 700 polygons per character. Whether or not this resembles the actual game itself remains to be seen.

jurai's been snatched!
ohmy.gif

What's this? Constructive input from jurai? Wow, I never thought I'd see the day.

The guy's not a raving moron, he just has a pathologically low tolerance for stupidity. :devil

Originally posted by ExCyber@May 18, 2003 @ 10:52 PM

What's this? Constructive input from jurai? Wow, I never thought I'd see the day.

The guy's not a raving moron, he just has a pathologically low tolerance for stupidity. :devil

I'd say more like a non-existent tolerance for anyone with an opinion opposite his.

Back